Part 9: Memory

AN: Italic font during Russia's point of view is past memory just FYI and I am so sorry for my bad interpretation of Russia ahead of time. also to make things easier...

(Y/E)= your ethnic group

(Y/N) 's POV:

I don't like this feeling. I'm just floating in the dark. Nothing ahead and nothing behind me, just emptiness. Where am I? Where am I going? What's happening to me? What is going to happen to me? I don't know. Did I ever know anything? I'm completely unaware of what's happening outside this state. America was right there, right in front of me, but I couldn't do a thing to stop it. I just froze up!

These thoughts haunted me as I drifted further in the darkness. At least there is noise here now.

Russia's POV:

I am happy to be seeing my little sister, (Y/N) again. But her expression as she slept is one of restlessness rather than peacefulness as her face scrunches up while she sweats. I didn't want to risk waking her, so I let her be and just sat off to the side of her bed.

America thought it would be good idea for little sister to rest so she won't be hurt by others as they travel back home. I know home is not with him. Her home is with me back in Russia. Little sister will come home. Russia will be the one to keep (Y/N) safe and bring her home as he did  long time ago.

~~~~Memory time 3rd POV~~~~

Following a short, chubby man with a grey uniform, claiming to be this new, little, hidden country's leader further into their capital building with only a few of my guards behind Russia, he took notice at the halls becoming less and less occupated with busy people in uniforms going about their day the deeper they went through them. At the very last door of a darkened, unkept hall that seemed to go on forever was a secure metal door with a key lock on the handle.

Once the metal door was unlocked and opened, Russia was welcomed only by a small dark room only being able to see into the room by the light seeping through the open door.

In the room was only a single small bed covered by an old thin brown blanket and a little lump under the blanket. Poking out of the blanket was a little pale foot that was covered in scars and burns on the bottom of her foot, no bigger than my palm that quickly slid back under the blanket with the rest of the little country hidden underneath.

Approaching the small figure under the blanket slowly he took note of the shaking that began to intensify on the bed. Stopping at the side of the bed Russia was able to hear a small, weak voice of a little girl tremble that you would almost miss if not paying attention, "P-please Mister W-Walsh. I-'m sorry for w-whatever I d-did. wrong"

Taking a seat of the small mattress Ivan saw the little figure scrunch up even more into the already tight ball she was in. Seeing as it was normal for others to be scared of the big Russian man, he wasn't surprised that she was scarred nor was he taken back. Slowly as to try and not scare the little one under the blanket, even more, he lifts the old brown thing carefully and was shocked at what he saw.

There under the blanket was as he expected from the voice, a little girl, but her thin little arms that shielded her were covered in scars. He couldn't see her face, stomach or back since they were covered by her small curled up legs and was facing his was, but he knew they wouldn't be any different than her arms and what little of her thin legs he could make out under the darkened blanket.

Upon realizing that the blanket was lifted she sucked in her breath as if waiting for something to happen. Russia sensing her fear slowly moved one of his huge hands to her head.  As expected, she flinched at the Russian man's touch but once (Y/N) realized that his touch wasn't a hurtful one, the little girl relaxed a bit, still staying curled up in fear of moving but the ball like state she kept herself it wasn't as tight.