Part 14: Needing to Understsnd

America's POV:

Oh what a perfect ring that brings  to my ears, Mr. and Mrs. Jones. The most fitting and intoxicating phrase that I've ever heard, (Y/N) Jones. Nothing more flawless to brand my beautiful little wife that's here with me in my very arms. What bliss~

"H-hey! Put me down! You're going to drop me!" Her angelic voice called out. Snapping me out of my thoughts I was able  to take in that I was holding and spinning her around in my arms. I could feel a warm smile spread across my lips as my cheeks flared from the sight of the most flawless human being in my here in my embrace. Right here in my very arms something too precious to ever let go of.

"Ow America! You're grip is too hard! You're hurting me!" My little lady voiced, flaying in my  hold. I immediately loosened up and set her back on the ground but still kept her to my chest. I must have started tightening my grip when getting lost in my thoughts. "Sorry honey, even the hero can be a little rough at time. You're just so memorizing and fragile that it's hard sometimes to not hurt you accidentally."

I push her back lightly so I could get a better view of her perfectly framed face as
the back of my fingers began to delicately brush her warm cheek. "But there's nothing to worry about darling."

Once my fingers met with her soft chin and propped my fingers to push her face up towards me where her brilliant bright (E/C) eyes shined brightly into my own. "Because I'm here to protect my precious baby. Nothing will ever hurt you ever again."

Her face went timidity red as she brought one of her hands up to my face and the other to my chest to push me away. "What are you talking about?! I don't need to be protected! I need to be let go of!"

I wasn't having any defiance being taken from my wife. On instinct I made quick work of taking her hands in my grip to pin them to her sides with my arms around her to pull her tight into my chest again. "I can't ever let you out and in to the cold harsh world ever again that will only hurt yourself."

I could feel her begin to tremble in my hold and began to pet her (H/L) silky (H/C) hair as to calm her down as continued. "You're not even safe in your own country. All your life you've had bosses that'd beaten you and abused you over and over again.  Don't you see? I have to keep you here to protect you."

(Y/N) didn't calm down. In fact she did the complete opposite as I could hear her sobs and sniffles in my embrace. Her tiny frame shook more violently as she broke down more. "Y-you're scaring me Alfred."

My poor little darling it doesn't feel right that she's hurting and shoving like this, but I know it's good for her. She needs to let it out. And being her loving husband and hero I'll be here every step of the way.

My heart tightened as I secured my hold in her better in confirming my wife in her fragile state. "There, there honey it's okay. I'm here to protection now. No need to push me away. You're just too naive and innocent to understand the cruelness of this world."

There was a rough hiccup that erupted from her while beginning to shake more. "I-I don't even kn-ow who you a-are anymore."

I couldn't help the light laugh that escaped me at her words. "What go you mean darling? I'm your loving husband of course. I'm here to save you."

My shirt continued to get soaked I her tears. She was not understanding my reasoning at all. Until an idea came to mind. "You still don't get just how disgusting this world really is." Letting out a sigh I pulled here from my chest to explain directly. Reaching into my pocket my hand graced exactly what I was looking for.

"You see this," I stated as I pulled out the single piece of documented paper I was referring too. "This is only a small example of how you were not safe anywhere. "