Part 22: Advice

France's POV:

Ahh~ What a beautiful night it is tonight. The sky is clear and without a single cloud in the sky so all the stars were shining brightly above my majestic city of love. Of course, love never sleeps so why would my city? Always so bright and cheerful with the many couples and families that enjoy themselves on this quaint night. There wasn't a more perfect night for a divine, crisp red wine and gazing at the night sky than this one. That was until the phone rang.

 I grumbled as I wondered if it was England again with another rant about nothing important. When I got to my phone the rested on the nightstand close to the balcony I was standing outside of, I calmed when I saw that it was only America and brought the phone close to my ear with delight. 

"Bonjour my good friend. What can I do for you?~" I asked. 

"France," He sighed into the phone in a sort of relief.  "I'm so glad you picked up. I really need some advice."

"Of course America, ask away. I'm all ears." I urged him to tell as I flicked my hair with a smile. I knew he couldn't see it but I still felt the need to do so. 

"Well it's just that, " America stopped to let out a troubled sigh again and I grew worrisome as to what could bothering him so. "I'm having a little trouble with (Y/N)." He admitted. 

I had to stifle a sigh from leaving my lips at the mentioning of her name. There was still a weight on my shoulders from what's happened to (C/N). I did agree, along with the rest, to put her there in that position with America. 

I knew of America's intentions from the start and it still fills me with grief to think about, but I still gave in anyways. My hands were tired. Germany's advances were too strong for us ad we couldn't fight him off without America's help. 

"Oh," Was all I could say. 

"Do you think you can help me?" He asked. There was a hint of desperation in his voice that I just couldn't turn away from. 

"I just can't get (Y/N) to listen to me. No matter how hard I try. She always just ends up trying to run away from me and I need a bit of advice." America spilled. 

'Well, no wonder the poor girl is trying to run away from you. You did take her from her fiance and carried her off to another country. What do you expect?!' I mentally screamed but trying to keep to together for both of our sakes. 

"The heart is a hard thing to persuade and it doesn't always swing the way we want it to, but it finds a way. Does it not? " I inquired to the lovesick man on the other side of the phone.

"That's the thing France." America groaned. "I want her heart to swing my way. I don't care what I have to do to make it."

I was nearly sweatdropping at his words because I know them to be true coming from him. "To avert someone's heart" I choaked out. "One should lead with steps as though they were learning to walk towards your own heart. They are small, yes, but over time they shall flutter to he beat of your heart."

But I've been trying to do that for years and she still doesn't understand." America protested. "I just," He paused and took a labored breath. "I don't understand what Germany did that I didn't to make her love him so. I don't get it."

I stopped and thought for a moment, looking for any words of what to say next. I looked down towards my citizens in couples walking along this start night. I know not why these people were in love, but they were and I sighed. "Love is the one thing that can't be explained. One moment you look upon an unknowing soul then the next you find your heart and souls intertwined before you even realize it."