Part 17: A Long Night

America's POV: 

Getting out of this place and back to our safe cavern at home was my first priority. It was torture standing outside Germany's cell door and listening to every word, sob, and embrace my wife gave to another man. Let alone they kiss they shared. That love and affection belongs to me, not some drunk. I'll make him pay for that. I know Germany has my wife under some evil spell of some sort, or whatever to make (Y/N) hate me so. 

I gaze fell to the dozing angle in my arms. 'Don't worry darling. I'll fix everything so things can be like they used too. Back when we were the best of friends who told each other everything and swore to stay by each others sides forever.' I thought to myself as I ran my thumb that was closest to her peaceful face along her soft cheek. 

"Let's head home, (Y/N)." I said to an unconscious mind. Germany's screams and shouts could be heard from the other side of the door as he begged for me to give (Y/N) back. Ha yeah like that was going to happen. I'm not worried about him waking up (Y/n) since the drug will keep her out for a while, but his screaming was still annoying as hell. I'd have to put an end to that. 

"Guards!" I shouted to gain their attention which was imminently brought. "Do what you have to do to shut him up." Just as I ordered two guards came into Germany's cell and locked the door. 

Satisfied, I started to make my way out of this depressing place once more. 

"(Y/N), (Y/N)!" A weak voice called out as we passed a cell. I didn't even give Italy the slightest attention as I kept walking by with (Y/N) in my arms. I wanted to be home as soon as possible. Especially since the drug doesn't last more than a few hours. 

The car was awaiting us as the driver opened the back door for me and my wife. I set her down comfortably so that she's laying across the seats with her head in my lap. I couldn't stop my hand from entangling themselves in her hair as she slept. It was just so (H/L) and silky. 

But soon after my hand drifted to her delicate cheek. I just couldn't help but touch her when she's asleep like this. She looks so vulnerable and helpless. Just another reminder as to why I need to protect her. When she's sleeping she'd unaware of the world around her. Unaware of the dangers that could lurk around and snatch her away and snuff out any innocence she has.

A smile allured my lips at that thought. Once I go through and finish the last  finishing touches she'll be mine and nothing will ever come in the way to defy it, not even her. She's just doesn't understand that things have to be this way and I'm doing her a favor by saving her from this rotten world. 

I must have gotten distracted by the beauty in my lap because we arrived home quicker than I thought. But at least it saved me from my eagerness for a little bit but once the car stopped the fire in my heart was alive again and I hopped out of the car with (Y/N) before the driver could even get out to open the door for us again. 

Slamming the door open I was welcomed to an empty house. The way it was quiet and eerie left a weight on my shoulders. Even with the guards here that lingered my house it still felt a bit lonely. I could see how (Y/N) felt about the house being lonely when I wasn't there. 

"Don't worry sweetheart," I whispered to her as she slept in my arms. "I'll help you bring life to his house. It'll be more like home soon enough and then you can finally understand that this is where your home really is."

With a new found hope I strode through the hall and up the stairs to our shared bedroom. There were two guards that were stationed out side the doors and I gave them a nod to leave us be. "Don't come back for a while and don't bother us either." I ordered then shut the door, locking it for extra precautions.