Chapter Ten

Abrielle

"Wait what?" I asked cutting down my t.v.

"I need to talk to you face to face right now."

"Chris I can't do that." I said getting up looking outside my window.

"Look I helped you..... even though you never asked. But for real I need to talk to you." He clearly was pissed and I didn't know what it was.

"Terrie isn't here so you have no reason to be pissed at me or him." I said guessing that was the problem.

"I'm almost there unlock the door."

"Wait I di-" the phone lost the call. Dammit! What the f*ck is going on.

I walked to my front door and looked out the window. He just cut his car lights out and he got out the car, here headed to my front door.

I opened the door. "What's going on?" He walked in and I closed the door as the crisp air trickled in behind him. I wrapped my house coat around my body and pulled my sleeves in my hand and crossed my arms.

"Chris?" I said as I watched him pase back and forth.

"The b*tch lied to me Abrielle." He started throwing his arms around.

"Who? Kim? Lie about what?"

"She not having!....my...f*cking..baby....she was never pregnant." He said shaking with anger and he broke down and fell to the floor.

"Chris!..it's going to be okay." I ran to catch him from falling. I hesitated to touch him as he slowly sobbed. I touched his shoulder and I slowly pulled him close to my body. I squeezed him and put my hand on his ear and the other on his back. 

"It's okay.." I repeated.

"I'm sorry...you have enough going on." He said as he started to get up.

I looked into his brown eyes and wiped his tears. I saw the pain in his eyes and I knew he needed me. Just as I needed him when I was helpless.

"Don't worry about that okay. Like you said you did help me. And I want to help you.  I'm not sure of what I can do for you but I'll try my best." I said. "Now tell me what happened?"

"She lied to me about being pregnant. And she told me she didn't want to get pregnant by a weak man like me. But I did choke that b*tch up before I left." He said staring off.

I hung my shaking head trying to process all this.

"You think I'm a weak nigga?" He looked at me waiting for an answer.

"I think you're a passionate person." I said trying to make him feel better.

"That sound like a weak nigga and you sugar coating it." He said getting mad.

"Look Chris, I'm trying to help you. You getting mad at me isn't going to help you." I said shutting his attitude down.

"Okay well i don't want to make this a big deal so I'll leave." He said getting up.

"Look, you can sleep here tonight. You shouldn't be driving and I'm sure she's still there." I offered.

"I don't want to put you out your way." His blood shot eyes looked at me.

"It's no problem Chris. You can sleep out here." I said getting the air mattress out the front closet. I went into my closet and got extra pillows and blankets.

"Thanks Abrielle."

"No problem." I said putting up the air mattress pump.

"You going to bed now?" He asked taking off his Figueroa.