Chapter Seventeen

Chris

I'm driving, speeding and there's no slowly me down. I have checked every rode and corner. How did I let it get this far? I blew up and let everything with Kim get to me. She really never loved me? Wanting to be with this nigga the whole time?  My brother basically, the closests I've ever had to one.

  I turned around and searched the same areas. She couldn't have gotten that far. I haven't seen a bus or cab in the past 20 miles on the way here. I pulled out my phone and called her again hoping she would pick up her phone.  Pick up please. Straight to voice mail again. Damn. I hit my steering will with force and clench my jaw feeling the guilt. Guilt of putting her in this situation. Making her get ready and driving her out here even though she didn't want to. But she did it all for me because she loves me. I shake my head feeling the guilt making my shoulders tense.  I won't stop looking until I find her.

Kim

"Where the f*ck he thinks he's going?!" Seeing my breathe as I yelled.

"Girl, didn't you say he had to leave?" Tanya said lighting a cigarette. 

"I didn't get ready and plan all of this out to crumble in front of me." I turned to T and my frustration turned into motivation as a smile creeped on my lips. 

"Plan C?" T blew out the smoke as she spoke. I nodded and snatched her cigarette and I laughed

"Let's go prepare." I flicked the cigarette to the floor and stomped the flame out with my Giuseppe heel. . I will get my man and no one or anything will be in my way.

Abrielle

I sat across from Wes and I felt so tense around him. My muscles were feeling tight and uncomfortable and I couldn't understand why. I never felt like this when I was around Chris.

Wes stared down at his menu meanwhile I held mine in my hand but I looked over it trying to study him. I don't understand why he would want to talk to a complete stranger about his friends, his bestfriend friend at that. I bit down on my bottom lip, I really should've never agreed on coming to his party.

"..Abrielle? Hello?.." Wes waived his hand in front of my face trying to get my attention. I quickly snapped out of my trance and instantly felt my cheeks heat up. 

"Sorry, I'm just a bit tired." 

"Here's your coffee. And are you all ready to order?" The tall brunette leaned over almost spilling her cleavage into his face. The waitress gave Wes his coffee and completely ignored me as though I wasn't even sitting at the table.

"Ma'am you forgot I ordered two coffees, not just one and when you go get that coffee, me and my girlfriend would like to order together." Wes said sternly looking her straight in the eye. 

"I'm so sorry sir i'm just a little tired for working on these long hour shifts. I get a little absent minded, I will get that right away." She turned towards me to walk back and she damn near gnarled at me under her breath trying to make sure to not let Wes hear her. I ignored her because when he set that chick straight, a warm sensation was brewing in my stomach as his soft lips moved. I bit my lip and crossed my legs trying to control it. 

"You didn't have to do anything. I was fine without the coffee. I just would really like to go home actually." I held my head massaging my temples.

"No, no woman should be disrespected in front of me. No matter how good I look in this expensive ass suit I have on." he said fixing his suit shirt dramatic making my laugh. "Never stop smiling, damn, it's beautiful the way your lips just..I'm sorry. Excuse my boldness but I tend to just say what's on my mind." he said licking his lips. Lawd.