Chapter Sixteen

Terrie

"I'm not paying for that bull you spent on my f*cking card! I'm taking you to court, you better believe that." Chris growled at my sister.

"Chris bye, try it and you will fail. I will take everything you have. I think you have forgotten, you and your little friend have been having affair." Kim got close in Chris face.

"Ha, I think you forgotten that you had a affair the first year we were married! Dirty a** b*tch." Chris got even closer in her face. The music thumped louder and they stared at each other angrily.

"Where's Abrielle?" I said realizing she was no where to be seen. I looked across the massive room as the lights flicker from red, blue and green.

"Abri!" Chris yelled across the room.

"Ha, you and her have fun. I need to be with a real man. T, where did he go?" My sister turned to her friend who said nothing but watched everything spiral.

"He went outside on his phone." she yelled over the music.

"Did you see Abrielle?" she rolled her eyes at the question.

"How would I know." I glared at her and walked away before I said something about her.

Did Abrielle leave?

Abrielle

"I'm sorry I don't know what came over me, I-I thought you were.." I hung my head and backed away from him.

"..Chris? Nah it's okay but he still inside arguing with 'ol girl." Wes stepped closer to me and I took off his jacket and handed it back to him.

"Thank you but I need to go." The crisp air hit my skin as soon as I took off the jacket. He took it and I quickly headed towards the huge gates.

"Wait! Let me take you home." I heard his shoes clack against the stone driveway jogging towards me.

"No I can catch a cab." I replied as I kept walking.

"Wait Abri!.." He was interrupted by another voice behind him.

"Wes, where are you going?" I heard Kim yell and I could hear the desperation in her tone.

I made it to the gates where more security guards stood.

"Are you leaving for the evening ma'am?" The tall, dark, muscular man in a all black suit asked. I nodded feeling my teeth starting to chatter. The guards opened the gates and I walked through the opening. As soon as my heels met the rode, I looked to the left and right trying to determine which way to go. There wasn't light anywhere and the trees on the opposite side of the rode were blowing in the wind wildly. My mind didn't want to think anymore because all I could focus on getting somewhere so that I can get warm. I turned to my left and started walking and hoped I can make it to a bus.

Wes

I looked back and saw Kim waiving her hand trying to gesture me to come back in. I turned back around and Abrielle was gone. Damn. I took another step and Kim yelled to me again.

"Wes come here!" she yelled again. I looked back at her again and I turned around and saw my valet guy chilling on the stairs. I walked back towards my house and I guess Kim shut up finally since she thought I was going to come back, but I had something else in mind. I want to know more about this Abrielle, why is she with Chris if he's married. Why aren't Kim and Chris together and why is Kim little brother in it too? My mind raced with questions I needed to be answered. She seemed like the only person who didn't want to argue with any of them so I would rather pick her brain. And it doesn't hurt she's cute.