Chapter 1

"Good morning, one ticket to Falletans, France, please," I say politely.

     I don't think I ever did what those children are doing when I was younger; screaming, running around, and not sitting still. I mean at least at an airport! What is this, a playground? It's fine just calm down, you're tense.

     "Here's your ticket ma'am, you're going to have to wait about an hour or more for your flight, there seems to have been a delay with the plane," the attendant in front inquired. Did this woman just tell me I have to sit here for an hour? What could the "or more" mean? Patience is key.

     "Alright then, thank you," I say with a sigh, carefully messing with my fiery locks. It's as if my hair was of copper. They're not here, they're not here, I remind myself.

     Oh, I love these window seats. Catching the sunrise and the sunset. All of those colors blending in with each other; blues of the sky, whites of the clouds, and all the colors of the rays of the sun. How they intertwine with each other; just really gives you motivation to start your day and a great ending to the day even when it's been a bad one. I've never seen one I did not like. I'd enjoy it even more if these kids would just settle down! This might bring attention to me if I sit close. Or if I interact with them it might take the attention off and disregard me as a target. I have an idea, I'll tell them a story. 

     "Hello," I greet them nicely.

     "Sorry lady but we don't know you," the boy said, I guess I expected it. I find it rather good that this boy protects his little siblings like that.

     He's got short dark brunette, curly hair, and eyes of emerald green with ivory skin. His little sister however has dark dirty-blonde hair up in a ponytail - well, more like a wild mess of a pony tail. She's also got ivory skin and emerald green eyes. She's got some long lashes if I do say so myself. The youngest of the three has short, straight, spiked up brunette hair, and brown eyes, with - once again - ivory skin. The oldest boy is wearing jeans with a red and yellow jacket over top of a grey t-shirt. The little girl is wearing a long, pastel pink, long-sleeve shirt, jeans and a puffy navy blue jacket. The youngest boy is wearing jeans with a green t-shirt and a denim jacket over top. The parents are just sitting there. The green-eyed, curly-haired, brunette, ivory skinned mother is asleep. The father with straight, light brown hair, brown eyes, and ivory skin, seems to be doing work on his computer while they wait. He's tried to settle his children down, but that hasn't worked so well, so he just gives them the side eye once in a while.

     "I know you don't know me, I wouldn't be able to do anything really because your parents are with you and I'm not that kind of person," I say to make them feel comfortable and I've seem to have captured their attention now.

     "What are your names?" I ask. 

     "I'm Jackson, this is my little sister Emily, and this is my little brother William - or Willy for short." 

     "How old are you guys?" I ask.  

     "Jackson's 13, Willy's 9, and I'm 12 years old," the little girl replies.

     "Do you guys want to hear a story?" I mean come on, the guy really needs the help with these kids.

     "Sure," they reply halfheartedly.

     "Alright, this is a story that happened to me about a year and a half ago. I went on an expedition for treasure with my two sidekicks!" I say in an almost whisper to add suspense. "Or maybe I'm their sidekick... whatever, it was like The Pirates of The Caribbean..."

     Their dad was staring at me as if I was crazy. I mean, I'm not that crazy... yet. He gives me a scoff that lets me know that this "expedition" never really happened and he doesn't believe me.

     "Right," Jackson rolls out with sarcasm.

     "Believe what you will," I counter at his statement with raised eyebrows and a mocking smile that reveled nothing about the realness or the un-realness of this story.

     "Cool! More like National Treasure?" Excitedly asks Willy.

     "Yes exactly! It was like National Treasure," I reassure.

     The dad scoffs almost like a sarcastic 'yeah right' chuckle.

     I give the man a glance with narrowed eyes. You're losing your chance at calmed kids, don't push it, I say in my head trying to somehow telepathically submit it to him.