Chapter 5

I couldn't see the hours when I would arrive at wherever they were going. I tried to count the turns and the seconds in between but there were so many. I was so nervous that I lost count and forgot the other ones. The men did not speak a single word the entire ride. This silence was eerie to my ears. Silence can be serene and melodic; however, silence can be melancholy and eerily loud at times. The only sound present was the hum of the car's engine, the rhythms of everyone's breathing, and the thuds of the bumps on the road. If no one can hear my heart pump 5 times a second, then they're deaf. Finally, the car slows down into a stop. They all step out of the car and I feel a hand grip on my arm tightly and swoops me out and I try to fight him off, but he's no match for me, they're stronger. I attempt to get free from the man's grip, but he just grips onto my upper arms tighter and tighter.

     "If you'd cooperate, things would go so much smoother!" One of the men angrily says as he grabs my arm. I swing my head backwards hitting the man's nose with the back of my head. Hard. He lets out a loud, painfilled groan. The other man builds a fist and gives me a hard punch to my stomach. I also let out a loud, painfilled groan.

     They take me into an abandoned building in the middle of the woods. We walk for five minutes and in between, I make them struggle all I can; I stop walking and pull backwards. Bite their arms and scratch their hands until they bleed. Until one of them picked me up from my legs and the upper half of my body was left hanging down his back.

    They pull up a chair, sit me down, and one of them ties my arms behind the chair. Right arm has been tied to the right rale of the chair; left arm has been tied to the left rale of the chair.

     "Where am I? Let me go!" I yelled with much anger.

     The sac on my head gets swooped off and I can see my surroundings now. It was dark and eerie, cold and humid, empty, and deteriorated. It was raining and the building was so old, rain was dripping from the ceiling. The bottoms of the walls had mold on every corner that you'd turn to. About three dirty puddles of water spread across the floor from the roof leakage. The men had left the car lights on facing me. The three men stand in front of me with their arms crossed. The lights are shinning behind them and all I can see is silhouettes of bulkily structured men. The man in the middle says;

     "You're probably wondering what you're doing here, there's blocks of  money and a letter to more money and we're pretty sure you know where it is. We want it."

     Money? What money? 

     "No, we need it."

     "I'm sorry, but you have the wrong person!" I try to explain and sound steady but my trembling voice gave away just how nervous I was. 

     "No, we have the right person. You're the daughter of Sebastian Rousseau and the Rousseaus are family to the man who wrote the letter." said the man to the right.

     "What?" I ask as if I'm calling them stupid.

     "Listen, I don't know how you got all that! I am poor and broke, and I have no idea what's going on or what you're-" I say trying to control my voice, but it just makes it worse. It's shaky and tense. I get interrupted by the man in the middle and he yells saying;

    "We don't have all night! Tell us where the money is."

     "I already told you, I don't know what you're talking about!" I yell back.

     The men begin to walk back to the car, although one was a bit hesitant when he sees that I start to breath heavily almost like a hyperventilation and that I beg for them to not leave me here. What's wrong with that guy? I will not, under any circumstances let any of them near me. Somebody help me, please. But he leaves. They all leave.

     I'm left alone crying, petrified, and longing for someone to save me. I'm so scared, I want to curl up into a ball to protect myself. I can't keep the tears from flowing; they flow like a waterfall. It's so dark I can't see anything, not even my legs. There's nothing but myself and the strange sounds of the woods. Crickets are chirping, and it's so quiet that I can hear the lizards and frogs jumping and scattering within the leaves and bushes. I can also hear the raindrops tripling down from the leaves to the ground. I hear a distant wolf howl followed by other howls. All I can do is cry, tremble, and try to get myself free.