Chapter 15

"Marie!" They spit out in awe and excitement and happiness.

     "What are you guys doing here?" I say in a breath looking back to Bob's car and back to them while I point at, nothing.

     "How did you – "

     "You're alive!" Alice exclaims as she goes for a hug. She hugs me so tight I can feel my ribs closing as her pressure increases.

     "How did you find my cabin?" I manage to force out. I can barely breathe.

     "Hug me back woman!" Alice snaps out.

     "I would if I could," I say while holding my wrists to her view.

     "Oh, Bob get your Samurai." Samurai? What? Hold on, what?

     "You took me here a couple times, remember?" She inquires.

     "Yeah, yeah. I need to sit," everything around me, stretching and shifting.

     I limp to a chair a couple of feet ahead of me. Bob went to go get his weapon but turns and grabs my left hand with his left hand and places his right hand against my back. Alice does the same to my other side. I sit and immediately feel the relief tiptoe from my feet and up my legs. To the right of the door is a plain wall and 3 feet ahead from the end of that wall is a cave-like inning the width and length of the twin sized bed. The only 'door' of the 'bedroom' is a creamy white curtain with lace. There's a closet some feet ahead from the 'bedroom' and a bathroom next to the closet also built in like the bed. It's just enough space for a toilet and a small shower. 

     To the left of the front door there is a tall, wooden bookshelf perpendicular to the left wall side of the door. On the left wall of the cabin, there is a window right in the middle. Under that window is a mahogany writing table/desk with two frieze drawers and on barley twist-turned legs that are joined by stretchers. It has a copper shine to it and small dents and scratches. Two unlit candle reside on top along with two pens and two pencils in a clear, glass cup, a sketch book and a couple of stray papers lay there as well. On the left corner of the desk is another glass cup that contains a set of paint brushes. The back of the cabin is where the kitchen is. The sink is under a window with mahogany-ish and Maple-ish wooden cabinets that stretches to the right as far as that wall goes. A cabinet distance to the right from the sink is where the white stove-oven sits. To the left is a door just like the front door. A dark mahogany, wooden, circular dinning table sits in the kitchen with 5 chairs.

     "What's going on?" Alice asks.

     "I saw you get kidnapped," Bob adds; wide-eyed.

     "Yes, I know." Tell me about it.

     There's a brief pause and Bob is staring at my foot.

     "Why do you have only one shoe?"

     "That's a long story," I say leaning back.

     "What do those guys want?" Bob asks.

     "How did you escape?" Asks Alice, "Why did you come here instead of back home?"

     "Ok," I let out as I lift my head up right, "they're looking for money they think I know about."

     "What?" Alice pounders aloud.

     "They told me that – somehow – I have something to do with a millionaire from the 19th century - who is supposedly my 6th great grandfather - and that he wrote down where it was hidden," I explain, "they think I know where the letter is."

     They both look at each other and tried to read each other's expression. It was all sorts of perplexity.

     "I'm just as confused as you guys," I continue to explain the rest that I've managed to remember.