Chapter 11

The cool air is rushing through the trees like fingers running through my hair. Autumn leaves driving as the wind blows. Warm and cool toned red, yellow, and orange dancing with the waves of the wind, sliding past my feet as I just sit in silence. My mind running around in circles thinking of every way I could possibly escape. Maybe it's all a lie to lure me in whatever they had in mind. But maybe the fortune is real, but the rest is a lie! Or they have the wrong person. They will kill me before letting me go though. I'm not sure of anything. I'm being stupid. At this point my imagination is going wild, as it tends to. It doesn't matter, I know my family would never keep such a secret from me, would they?

     Ok, so there's this broken piece on this chair and it's sharp. Maybe I could cut myself loose, I thought to myself. However, I'm too out in the open in front of the young man and I'd have to move a lot and it would make noise. It doesn't seem such a good escape plan right now. I stare at him in deep thought.

     Maybe I could pretend to be attracted to him to get him to un-tie me and then I can make a run for it, I thought to myself once again. Although that may work, it's too sudden for right now. How would I even unfold such an act at this moment so recent from being taken? I could blame it on Stockholm syndrome. Anyways, I don't feel like showing him any sort of interest and 'love' even if it's fake.

     Perhaps if I can develop a conversation with him, I might get him to feel sympathy for me and get him to do what I ask, like if I have to go to the bathroom. I'll make a run for it then. This one might work. I'm getting most of these ideas from the movies I've seen. After all, one of the men said he was too soft and maybe he is; that's what he's been demonstrating. I'll use that against him. I continue to stare at him thinking of how to start the conversation.

     The breeze is softly swaying his wavy, brunette hair back and forth. A strand of hair falls forward over his forehead. He's very attractive, I think, but no. Who cares? As he goes to swipe his hair back to its place, I open my mouth and speak.

     "How old are you?" I ask hoping to grab his attention and that he will actually respond. My heart races and my palms begin to sweat, I hate this, I'm even nervous just to talk to him.

     He ignores me. 

     "What's your name?" Nothing. He seems like he's trying super hard to ignore me. 

     "Ok then I guess I'll just call you..." I pause thinking for a second thinking of a name, "Sean."

     "My name's not Sean," he declares in confusion.

     "I know, but I figured since I don't know your name and you wont tell me yours then I'd just call you Sean, right?" I inquire. "You look like a Sean." 

     "It's Evan," he says.

     "Oh Evan, you've finally decided to stop ignoring me, huh?" I inquire but he just stays quiet.

     "So how old are you, Evan?" I ask again.

     "Why do you want to know?" Evan adds sarcastically.

     "Well, I mean we didn't formally and officially meet. I'm bored and while we're here waiting for whatever, I thought maybe I could pass the time with questions and we can get to know each other," I mockingly explain.

     "26," he answers. He's so young to be ruining his life like this.

     "Do you have any siblings?" I asked.

     "I have a little sister your age," He explains with a half-smile.

     "Do you love her?" I inquire. I cringe inside as I say it. Honestly, though, I'm curious. I'm pretty sure he doesn't but at the same time, out of the three kidnapers, Evan has the heart. So maybe he's not evil, evil.