Chapter 2

Anything can happen to you in this world. Whether it be finding the love of your life or gaining riches because of a Will written out to you. Ok, maybe that one was a bit much, but hey, could happen, I guess. The problem is that we don't ever think life-changing situations will ever happen to us. That's what happened to me, Marie Rousseau, a 17-year-old girl with no idea what was about to come for her... it all came out of the blue.

     Who's Marie Rousseau? Marie is a half French, Half American girl who lives in Pleasantvill, New York. I'm jovial, smart, and kind but I can defend myself and the ones I love. I have dark brunette, curly hair, it's waist length and with a layered v-cut. I have a pair of lovely brown eyes that resemble the color of a sweet tasting, golden colored honey. 

– "She seems a little full of herself, huh?" Willy interrupts.

     "What's wrong with liking something physical about yourself?" I say almost laughing and they all giggle. 

     "Don't you have ginger hair?" The dad points out mockingly.

     "I mean she could have died it, dad," Emily argues.

     "Wait, what's your name?" Asks Jackson.

     "That's not important, what's important is that you all sit tight and listening and not talking and not running around spilling my- I mean our drinks."

     Through half closed eyes, the mother looks at me and gives me a thanking smile. She must be really tired.

     "Anyways, no more interruptions," I say and resume the story. -

     I've got fair skin with little to no tan because I don't tan easily. Along with that, I have freckles going across the middle of my structured, but delicate featured face. 

     - "You don't have freckles," Willy points out softly.

     "Imagination has no limits, maybe I'm adding some things to make it more interesting," I explain. - 

     Lastly, I have soft, fruit punched lips along with some acne on my skin.

     Almost everyone has a best friend and I have one, her name is Alice. We met in 5th grade when I was having lunch in the cafeteria and I noticed a little girl getting bullied, whom was Alice. They were fussing and then Alice's lunch fell to the floor. She built a fist and looked like she was about to punch them any second. The bullies walk away in fear of getting in trouble and so does she to tell the janitor. She also told a teacher and was granted another meal since her first one had been ruined. She goes to sit down and sits at my table. I slide towards Alice.

     "Hey, what's up?"

     "The sky," Alice replies sarcastically and half laughs which caught me by surprise because I thought she'd be angry or sad, but she wasn't. She wasn't going to let some people steal her joy.

     "Haha, no silly!" I giggle.

     "Do you like those beans and those... runny mashed potatoes?" I asked making  a face of disgust.

     "Are you kidding me? Ew no!" Exclaims Alice with a twisted face, "I don't want anything then, I'll just not eat today," she adds.

     That's when I got up and reached for a plastic knife. When I came back, I began cutting my sandwich in half, diagonally. I went back to where the plastic knives were and grabbed a napkin and a small water bottle. All while Alice is looking at me in confusion with one eyebrow unconsciously lifted. I place one half of the sandwich in the unfolded napkin and slide it to her along with the water bottle.