Chapter 5

"I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of."

Lauren's P.O.V.

A sudden banging sound woke me and I bolted up, looking at the offender. Luis stood there sheepishly, covering his partially naked body with one of my t-shirts. I gasped in shock, not recalling a single detail of last night. We stared at each other awkwardly for a second before he collected his clothes off the ground and started to put them on. I covered my eyes and he chuckled under his breath at the gesture. He buttoned up his shirt and gave me one of his crooked smiles, waving goodbye sarcastically and exiting the room, sauntering down the hall, hands shoved in pockets confidently. Here I was yesterday, probably thinking he was such a gentleman for being nice but today I know that he will brag to all of his friends about our apparent hookup.

I couldn't recall even seeing him yesterday but I assume that I was incredibly drunk and probably very easy to persuade.

"LUIS! It's so nice to see you!" My mother exclaimed and I rolled my eyes, throwing off the covers. I grabbed the first piece of clothing I could find and slipped it on. I searched around for a pair of pants I could put on and groaned when the only thing I could find quickly was a pair of ratty pajama pants. I reluctantly slid my legs into them and practically sprinted down the stairs after my ex-boyfriend.

My mother was animatedly conversing with Luis when I finally found them in the kitchen and I groaned to myself as I approached them. Now, my mother didn't really like Luis but she liked the fact that was of the male race. She'd accept my one night stand with him more than me becoming part of a committed, stable relationship with a responsible girl. I don't understand some people's logic sometimes.

The two of them continued to talk, ignoring my existence completely.

"We're not 'back together', not really, but you know I'm hoping that we get there." Luis said and I clenched my fist around the Orange juice carton I had picked up, effectively crushing it.

"Dear god I hope you help her out of this crazy phase." My mother tried to whisper unsuccessfully.

"It's not a phase." I muttered and they both turned to me, that stupid crooked smile still on Luis' face. My mom crossed her arms expectantly and gave me a pointed look. I smirked back at her and left the kitchen, waving at Chris as he walked past me. He didn't return the gesture, a blank look this on his features.

I shrugged and climbed back up the stairs, attempting to greet Taylor as she walked by but she ignored me as well. I tried to act unaffected but I couldn't deny that the fact that neither of them would even say 'hi' to me hurt. I opened the door to my room and stepped in, grabbing my phone and dialing Camila's number. I somehow got the feeling she was mad at me.

"Yes?" She said impatiently through the speaker.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk to you about last night..." I heard her scoff on the other end.

"I don't even want to talk about it. Go make out with your boy toy and leave me alone." She hung up the phone and I was left to wonder how she knew about Luis being over here so quickly. I hadn't even told anybody due to the fact that I found out about it 5 minutes ago.

Maybe when I was completely out of it last night, she saw us together and assumed the worst, which she was right about but still, she shouldn't jump to conclusions that quickly. I tried to call her again but it went straight to voicemail and I contemplated calling one of the other girls and asking them. I wouldn't see any of them for two days since it was the weekend and I didn't want to leave something unsettled for that long. Perhaps I should try to call just one more time.