Chapter 6

"I find that most people worth knowing are fucked up in some way or another."

Lauren's P.O.V.

"Lauren I think you should go." Dinah said after Camila had remained silent after a couple of minutes.

I looked at Camila to make sure she wanted me to leave as well and she gestured toward the door. I nodded and made my way out of room and down the stairs, stopping at the front door, reluctant to leave things the way they were until Monday. I stood still for a few seconds and waited for Camila to come downstairs and say goodbye but she never came. I opened the door and slowly stepped out, but was stayed quickly by a shaky hand.

I turned around to face Camila's sister who seemed confused by my departure. She asked me if I could stay a little longer and play with her. I pondered how to refuse politely to her but was faced with major difficulty when her familiarly brown eyes met mine. It hurt to look at them because they were so similar to Camila's but also I found relief while staring into them. I kneeled down so that we were on the same level so that I could explain that I was asked to leave. Sofi couldn't believe it. She told me her sister would never ask me to leave because I'm such a popular topic among them and Camila's always talks so kindly about me. She went on and on about how she knows I'm such a great person and how fun I am to hang out with judging by her sister's description of me. After a while of explaining (and most likely exaggerating) about how much Camila liked me, the aforementioned girl came downstairs to check on us. She furrowed her brow at my presence and looked at Sofi curiously.

"Sofi, don't you think it's time to let Lauren go home?" Camila asked sweetly. Sofi responded by shaking her head and grabbing onto my leg, refusing to let go.

"I don't want her to go home." Sofi pouted and I heard a sigh come from Camila. Our eyes met for a second and I could see how uncomfortable she was with the situation. I probed Sofi to release her grasp on my leg to no avail.

"Sofi, I have to go now. I'll see you soon though?" I looked at Camila for an affirmation and she smiled at me, a nervous smile, but still a smile.

Sofi relented after that and allowed me to exit. But, I was stopped again and once I turned around, a pair of lips met mine. I was utterly confused and didn't even have to time to think about reciprocating before the kiss was ended. Camila gave me that kind of smile that said 'did you feel that'. I smiled back at her, the same type of grin she was giving me. I leaned forward again, only to be stopped by a hand against my chest. She gestured down at Sofi for a second who was staring up at us curiously. I nodded in understanding and made my way out of the house.

"Oh! Lauren," Camila said as she followed after me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yes?" I asked, smiling brightly at her.

"Have fun with Luis." She said jokingly and I rolled my eyes, not amused with her humor.

"Have fun with Austin." I joked back and she blushed again, similar to the way she had earlier.

"I suppose I should say goodbye." She said and gazed down at her beaten up Converse.

I stepped forward and placed my hand under her chin, forcing her to look up at me. She beamed at me and I did the same back. I tried to prolong my time alone with her as much as I could but eventually, our staring contest came to an end. She tried to kiss me again but I pulled away, claiming that I had to go. I simply said goodbye and got into my car. I pulled out of the driveway and as soon as I was sure she couldn't see me, I started jumping with joy.

I kissed her. I fucking kissed her and she kissed me and we kissed each other and I felt something profound deep inside me that I've never felt before. I can't explain how it felt to have her lips pressed against mine, I just know I liked the feeling. I wonder if she liked it too.