Chapter 24

"I asked you if you were okay, you said 'I don't know.' It was 2 AM and I understood you were having a bad time again. I know how you get every once in a while, you sit in your room shaking because your thoughts get the best of you sometimes, but you refuse to ask anyone for help. I offered you my hand but you pushed me away, you always fucking push me away."

Lauren's P.O.V.
Normani threw a shoe at me, trying to get me to leave her alone, but I just pleaded with her to calm down.

"You kissed her Lauren! How could you do that to me?" Normani asked angrily, throwing another shoe at me.

"Babe, she kissed me!I pulled away, didn't you see that?" I asked and Normani shook her head, getting visibly more upset as I talked more.

"Lauren, don't even try to deny that you love her. I don't want your bullshit." My girlfriend warned and I sighed in defeat. As much as I wanted to argue with the girl, I knew she wouldn't believe a word I say.

"Fine. I can see that your trust in me is gone. You want to break up don't you?" I asked quietly, staring down at my feet shamefully.

"Yes. Please leave Lauren." Normani said calmly and I nodded in understanding, exiting the house and making my way back to my car.

I quickly found out the reason Normani left so abruptly the other night was because she saw the kiss between Camila and I and it caused her to become upset and distrustful towards me. I knew inevitably that she'd break up with me over it because she doesn't listen to reason, but I didn't think it'd come so soon. I had hoped she'd try to give me a second chance, but I knew our relationship would be coming to an end soon.

I don't know if I should be grateful or devastated about the breakup, but it is a chance to talk to Camila without the tension that came with me being in a relationship. I'm not going to beg for her forgiveness or anything like that, but perhaps I can calm her down from her desperate state. All that is on her mind lately is getting me back and now that there's nothing in her way (besides my lack of feelings towards her lately), she's going to try so much harder. I can not let her set herself up for more disappointment, so I have to set her straight.

Her mother found out about her visiting me and now Camila is been put on 'house arrest' as she calls it. She's not allowed to talk to me at all, which I suppose is good, but she's going to find out one way or another that I am now single. Dinah or Normani is sure to to tell her and then my phone will blow up with messages and she'll try to come see me again. Her mom will probably just continue to try to keep Camila from me because she still believes I am to blame for her daughter's mental instability. Personally, I still blame Camila's father, but tomato, tomahto.

I pulled up in front of my house and burst inside, calling out Chris's name. He rushed down the stairs and gave me a curious look, asking if I am ok. I replied with a simple 'no' and he rushed over to comfort me.

"What happened? Did you seem Camila again?" He asked and I chuckled a little, shaking my head.

"On the contrary brother, Normani just broke up with me and I have this empty feeling in my stomach. My head is swimming with dangerous thoughts and I want to lay down and sob." I rambled and Chris nodded and instructed me to stand up. I obliged and he led me upstairs to my room.

"Well, I never really liked her anyway. Kind of a bitch if you ask me." He said with a smirk and I returned the look, giggling at my brothers words.

"I should've fought for Camila when I had the chance huh?" I asked and he gave me a empathetic look, patting my shoulder.

"You could still fight for her?" He half suggested, half asked.

"No it's not worth it. She's too..."