Chapter 27

"If there were a pill to help me forget you, which one of us would force it down my throat first?"

Lauren's P.O.V.

*Flashback

I entered the crowded house, inhaling the strong scent of alcohol as soon as I opened the door. I heard a few shouts of excitement when people noticed I had entered the building and someone tugged me over towards them, giving me a drunken kiss on the cheek. I smiled at the brunette boy who had been on my mind recently, but the excitement of spending the night with him was gone due to his intoxicated state. I tried to act happy to see him, but I was full of dread because if Austin wasn't aggressive enough, his temper got even worse when he drank. Usually I wasn't scared of him, because he's my best friend and we're so close, but today I wanted to hide away from him. His eyes were so glazed over and he looked half asleep, and it scared me.

One of my other friends came to say hello and tried to lead me away, but Austin grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me to his chest, refusing to let me leave. I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but that only caused him to tighten it. The girl that wanted to give me a drink just widened her eyes and walked away, probably thinking that Austin and I wanted some alone time. That was exactly the opposite of what I wanted though. I wanted to get away from him and I begged the girl to stay, but she just shook her head and told me that she didn't want to get in the way of our 'fun'. Austin chuckled in response and placed another kiss on my cheek, but I moved away from him, muttering a nervous 'No'. 

"Excuse me? You know you want me Lauren." He said with a goofy smile and I just shook my head, saying another, more confident 'No'. 

Earlier I would have thought he was a great guy, but there was no hiding he is a monster when he is under the influence. He can be so sweet and calm, but now he is being brash and inappropriate.

"Austin, you're drunk." I stated and he laughed, slicking back his hair.

"People are more honest when they're drunk. Here's me being honest, I like you Lauren. I always have." He said and I furrowed my brow in confusion. Austin rarely shows signs of affection towards me, he treats me like one of his guy friends rather than his crush. I do like him, but I have no overwhelming need to be with him. I can't see myself with Austin, it'd be too difficult.

"I'm sorry Austin. I don't think I feel the same way that you do." I apologized and he smirked, shaking his head.

"You don't have to." He said and before I could ask him what he meant, his lips were crushing mine in a terribly uncomfortable kiss. I tried to shove him away, but he grabbed onto my shoulders and forced my to stay close. I heard a few woops and hollers around us, but I wanted to yell at them to stop, that I definitely didn't want this.

Austin grabbed my hips and roughly pulled me closer to him, letting our chests bump together. I shrieked with dissatisfaction. He tried to lead me upstairs into an empty room, but he could barely make it up the stairs because he was having so much trouble walking and my resistance was too strong for him to fight me. He let go of me after he realized he was not in the right state to be able to get me to do anything. I was grateful to alcohol for allowing me to escape what might have been the worst night of my life.

______________________________________________________________

As soon as I walked into the school, I searched for the brunette boy that had harassed my girlfriend yesterday. I almost sprinted down the hall when I caught a glimpse of the Austin's stupid snapback. I pulled him away from his group of friends and slammed him against a locker, glaring deeply into his eyes.