•41•

"i love you."

he said, staring straight into her eyes as he placed his hand on her cheek.

she stared back, a heavy blush dancing across her cheeks as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"i love you. and i always have. and i always will."

glancing down at her lips, he leaned closer, and as their lips brushed-

the doorbell rang.

"seRIOUSLY??" soonyi yelled, angrily hitting the pause button on the show she was watching.

the doorbell rang again, making soonyi aggressively stomp downstairs and swing the door open, ready to beat up whoever interrupted the kiss scene between the main characters.

"first of all, who the FUCK do you think you are, second of all-"

"damn bitch, did you want the goddamn chocolates or not?"

confused, soonyi glanced up to find taehyung stood at her door, chocolates and ice cream in hand.

"taehyung, have i ever told you how much i love you?" soonyi stated upon seeing the food.

"unfortunately, no, you haven't. now can i come in? the ice cream's freaking melting dude."

"oh shit yeah."

they made their way inside, taehyung glancing at the decor.

"damn bitch who decorated this place?" taehyung chuckled.

"me." soonyi blankly replied, not facing him. "why, are you impressed?"

"umm, you could say that. or you could say that it looks like my dog just threw up everywhere." taehyung muttered the last bit, ensuring soonyi couldn't hear.

when they arrived at soonyi's room, the first thing taehyung noticed was the scene on the tv. he observed as soonyi eagerly hit the play button, beckoning him to sit next to her. taehyung sat down, and watched as soonyi's eyes lit up as soon as the couple's lips touched.

a small smile spread across his face as he looked at her. she glanced over at him, a small blush appearing on her cheeks as she caught him staring. his smile grew, and he placed his hand on her cheek.

"soonyi." he muttered.

"i- i need to tell you something."

she urged him to continue, her eyes never leaving his.

"don't hate me after this- i don't want to lose you."

"soonyi, i-" taehyung gulped.

"i... i have never watched a single episode of spongebob."

"...taehyung what the fuck? firstly, how? spongebob is literally the epitome of everyone's childhood, the fuck? and secondly, why the fuck did you have to get my hopes up- oh shit, wasn't supposed to say that." soonyi's eyes widened, frantically cussing under her breath and trying to get away from taehyung

"soonyi," taehyung whispered, gently pulling her face towards him.

she became silent, facing him with wide eyes.

"what i was going to say before i pussied out was that..." taehyung pauses for a moment, building the courage to come out and say it.

"i... i love you soonyi. i always have, and i always will." taehyung muttered. "it's you. it's been you for the past few months. since the moment we started to talk. it's you at 2am or it's you at 6pm. it's you when i eat, it's you when i sleep. you are everywhere, and you are everything. i love you, soonyi."

soonyi's eyes searched his, her mouth slightly falling open in shock.

he glanced at her lips, and started to lean in. their lips brushed, and soonyi whispered something barely audible to taehyung before swiftly capturing his lips in hers.

"it's you. it's always been you, tae."