Chapter Four

Ok, this is a loooong one. I hope you enjoy.

Don't forget to follow: mrserotonin.man on IG to follow my writing process and have a chance to win your own character in this story!

Enjoy!

----

Matty's p.o.v

I smiled, observing her as she walked through the grass in bare feet with a six-pack of beer in her hand.

" You got the fire going, I see," she said as she crashed down beside me. I had gotten the make-the-bonfire-duty while everybody else prepared dinner. Preparing dinner meant shopping and opening the plastic bags and boxes so it could go on the fire.
I smiled and strummed my guitar with a nod.

" The others will be done with the food soon," she smiled " But I brought the fun," she chuckled, holding up the beer. She was incredibly beautiful as she sat there in the orange-reddish light from the fire. It was reflecting in her eyes, and her long brown curls fell down her back, blowing lightly in the summer breeze. I smiled at her before looking at the guitar in my lap.

" You play?" I asked her, nodding towards the instrument. She shook her head no.

" Come here then," I smiled, patting my lap so she could sit. She hesitantly stood from her spot beside me and sat in my lap. I placed the guitar across her body and grabbed her hands, placing them across the strings.

" Like this?" she asked, placing her fingers in the E minor chord I had shown her 2 minutes earlier.

"Exactly like that," I assured her with a chuckle. She giggled excitedly and shifted between a couple of chords I had shown her. Her hair smelled nice. The sweet smell of her shampoo being carried by the wind once in a while. I had my arms around her. She didn't seem to mind. I didn't either. It just felt natural.

"We brought food" Ross yelled, disturbing my peaceful thoughts as he made his way across the grass.

--

"Aw man, that was terrible" George laughed loudly after we all finished singing 'country roads' at the top of our lounges around the bonfire.

Lots of empty bottles were scattered around and it was no surprise that everyone was tipsy. Some more than others.
I looked around at the guys and Rosie that were all sat laughing at one another with beers and cigarettes in their hands.

" I'm really glad that you guys have taken such good care of me," Rosie stated drunkenly, resting against George's knee. He laughed and rubbed her head. I smiled at her and threw the end of my fag into an empty beer bottle. She was probably the type of girl who turned rather sentimental when drunk.

"This calls for a celebration." George stood up from his spot, making Rosie tilt to the side, catching herself before she collided with the floor. I chuckled at her but turned my attention back to George who reached into his pocket, pulling out a joint. I quickly stood and snatched it from his fingers. It was true George didn't support my drug use, but that didn't include weed. It was more the stronger things he tried to protect me from. After all, he couldn't ban me from something he enjoyed himself. I quickly lit it and took a long drag, making the smoke fill my lungs before blowing it out into the summer breeze.

" Me too," Rosie whined, practically crawling from her place beside George towards where I was sitting, and sat right in front of my face. I took another drag and held in the smoke, looking at George for approval. One thing was that I smoked, another was getting his cousin high. He looked between her and me before nodding slowly. I blew the thick smoke into her face, making her giggle before handing her the joint.