Chapter Twenty

I'm on fire with these updates lately! I'm proud of myself. This also means, that you guys should hurry up and an apply to get your own character in book two before this book is over in a couple of chapters. Read more about how to apply in chapter 17.

---

Matty's POV.

I tiptoed to get a better view of the electric door that led one tired traveller after the other into the arrivals area. All around me was a sea of people, consisting of family members and friends who were all waiting to reunite with their loved ones.

It was early morning in Rome, and I had a hard time deciding whether it was the warm humid weather or the fact that I was going to see Rosie that made me sweat.

" There she is!" George said, pointing to the other end of the hall before leaping forward into the sea of people towards her.

I grinned and tried my best to push through the crowd, but George, with his more intimidating frame, managed to reach her first.

By the time I had pushed my way through the crowd, he had already picked her up and twirled her around in the air.

" I've missed you so much!" She squealed at him, placing a big wet kiss to his cheek which made him wrinkle his nose in disgust.

I chuckled and stepped closer, but as I was about to open my mouth, she turned her attention away from the giant and onto me.

Her smile faded and she mumbled a quite " Matty," as George put her back down to her feet.

" I fucking missed you," I breathed out, closing the last space between us in a tight embrace. All my senses worked in overdrive as they tried their best to take in every little familiar smell, sound and feel of her.

" Matty," she said again, pushing against my chest to make me look at her.

" I'm sorry but I'm not here for you," she continued, making the smile disappear from my lips in an instant.

She didn't move a muscle or show emotion.

" I'm here to see my cousin," she continued, looking back at George before turning her attention back to me, rubbing her arm uncomfortably. " It's not gonna be you and me, Matty. We live different lives. I like you but I need a boyfriend that is by my side, not somebody who is always away," she explained further as she took a step back.

" What?" I asked in disbelief, waiting for any of them to reveal that this was in fact just some sick joke, but they both just looked at me with a weird empty expression.

" Rosie?" I asked, reaching out for her, but with every step I took in her direction, she only seemed to be further away.

I started running, watching George wrap his arm around her as they both turned around, heading for the exit.

" George, Rosie!" I yelled, feeling how tears welled up in my eyes, but no matter how hard I tried to catch up to them, the distance only got bigger and the amount of people between me and them greater in number.

-

I sat up straight in bed, my body covered in sweat, my lungs filling and emptying themselves with oxygen at an unhealthy rate, tears covering my cheeks.

The silence and darkness seemed claustrophobic and I reached across the bed, grabbing a hold of the phone that rested on top of the bedside table as I had done every night for the last couple of weeks.

George said that my lack of sleep was probably just from the excitement of finally touring, while Jamie said that I was probably just having a hard time adjusting to the constant travelling. I believed in neither.