Chapter Eight

I wrote this chapter right after watching the Robbers video, so it inspired me a lot.

 I also wrote this listening to Robbers on repeat for the full period of 2 hours it took me to write this. 

Therefor I'm suggesting that you listen to Robbers on repeat as you read this to get the right feel, that I wanted to create.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment along the way. Your comments is what inspires me and help me improve, so please hold nothing back!

---

"Are you sober?" Matty laughed as I put down an empty glass on the table.

 "I'm somewhat functional," I replied, lifting my fingers to my head in a salute, resulting in him shaking his head with a laugh. 

" I take that as a no," I giggled and kissed his cheek as he wrapped his hands around my waist and led me into the living room to meet up with the others, that were stood in a circle. 

Even though it wasn't always the intention, their gigs always ended up in somewhat of a party. I swear my liver and lungs had gone into overdrive from living here.

"Here," Adam said, handing Matty and I a beer as we reached them. 

" To the best fucking band ever," Matty yelled, raising the bottle, making everyone do the same before drinking the liquid.

 After lowering the bottle from my lips, I looked in the direction of Matty who had pulled out his phone from his back pocket. His eyebrows were furrowed and I instinctively reached out and grabbed a hold of his free hand. 

" You ok?" I asked, intertwining our fingers. He nodded and started moving his way through the crowd. He didn't let go of my hand so I just followed out of the room and outside. 

" Matty, where are we going? What's wrong?" I asked as we walked around to the back of the building. It was dark, but little lamps on the side of the house made me able to see the silhouette of a person in the dark. 

I couldn't help but feel like this entire situation was some sort of messed up deja vu of the night where Matty had decapitated the empty beer bottles, he had lined up on the fence. The memory made me sick to my stomach. He had been so incredibly drugged up that night, and the thought made me shiver. This time was different though. I had my fingers intertwined with Matty's, and this time he was just tipsy. 

The figure stepped out of the shadows as soon as he saw Matty and I approach him. He was actually a pretty good looking fellow. Blond dreadlocks, a nose piercing, brown eyes. He was a little messy looking, but overall a good looking guy.

 " Matty," he said in a way you would greet an old friend. Matty didn't seem happy to see him though. He seemed a little alert, but most of all he just seemed like he wanted to get out of there. 

" Noah," he said still holding onto my hand. 

" What are you doing here?" he asked in a monotone voice. The guy he called Noah reached into the pocket of his denim jacket. 

" I heard you guys had a party and I thought you might want a delivery?" He explained, holding up a bag of white powder as well as some other pills. The sight made my head throb, or maybe it was the alcohol. I wasn't sure. 

I felt Matty tighten his grip around my hand, and I turned my head to look at him. The shadows of his hair were leaving most of his face in darkness, so it was hard to tell what he was thinking.

 " Noah, mate. I'm done." The words made me exhale in relief. I didn't even realise I had been holding my breath. 

" What do you mean done?" Noah asked, tugging the powder back in his pocket.