Chapter Twenty One

I'm sitting in the dark with a mug of tea and with a thunderstorm outside while listening to my writing playlist on Spotify. I'm really enjoying this so I hope you do too.

This first book is coming to an end soon, so please remember to enter the competition to get your character in the sequel. Read more about how to apply in the bottom of chapter seventeen.

This is not super long, but important!

--

Rosie's POV.

" Look, lover boy is on the telly!" Alex screamed, pointing at the screen in front of us with one hand and tugging at my sleeve with the other, to move my attention from our exam project and onto the montage-like intro that was rolling over the screen.

I looked up to see one short concert clip after the other flashing in front of my eyes, as the voice of a woman did an overly energized presentation of the band. " The 1975, our own growing Manchester band, and British pride, is touring Europe at the moment as they are doing their first-ever headline tour. We have managed to catch them for an all exclusive interview here in Munich.."

" Damn, Matty is looking fine as hell," Alex said, tilting his head at the screen as one picture, of an overdramatic Matty, after the other flashed before our eyes.

I laughed and poked his cheek, making him look at me shortly, before moving his attention back to catch the rest of the montage, " Don't get ahead of yourself. He's taken and the last time I checked, you were too," I chuckled, closing my laptop and putting it down on the table in front of us.

" Very true, but that doesn't make me blind," He teased back, pulling me into his side and turning up the sound on the tv. " Besides, I'm just saying that If I didn't know Jonah, and Matty wasn't your man, you would have to look out for me sis. I would snatch him right before your eyes."

" As if," I laughed, rolling my eyes.

" You don't believe me? I bet Matty couldn't resist my charms even if he tried," Alex said, pretending to flip his non-existing long hair over his shoulder. Now that I thought about it, that was a quite Matty-like move.

" Mmhm right. I don't think so. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sure Matty can't be charmed, he charms others. That's how it works. Believe me, I speak out of personal experience, " I chuckled, reaching up to ruffle his hair before looking back at the screen where the small montage was over.

Instead, a middle-aged journalist sat in a chair beside the four boys I knew all too well. Out of instinct my eyes quickly found Matty and my heart dropped at the sight. He looked like a ghost.

" He looks tired," Alex said quietly, looking at me shortly as if to see whether or not I saw it too.

I did. All too well, and the sight hurt like hell.

His skin was faded, his stubble longer than how he would usually leave it, his eyes dull, voice raspy, his posture sloppy.

The rest of the band looked tired as well, but Matty was exceptionally zombielike.

I sighed and lifted my hands to my face, rubbing my eyes, as I shook my head slowly.

" He's drugged up," I mumbled, biting down on my lip to keep the tears from welling up in my eyes.

" I thought he was almost clean," Alex mumbled, as he quickly leaned forward and turned off the tv to spare me from any further exposure to the sight of Matty's fragile state.

Honestly, I was mad at the rest of the band. They all seemed fine. I couldn't deny that they hadn't too taken something once in a while, but they seemed overall clear-minded. I knew George hated Matty when he was like this, but I also knew that he had given up. But Adam, how could he live with this?