Chapter Seven

I'm seeing the band for the first time in two weeks AND I CAN'T WAIT!

Well, here's your update! Don't forget to vote and comment along the way if there's anything you find worthy of a comment. I loooove all the feedback I can get!

----

Matty was sat on the ground with his laptop and guitar, trying to force a wave of lyrical and musical creativity onto paper. A couple of weeks had gone by. I had been busy with uni and the boys had been practising and writing like their life depended on it. 

" How's the creative flow going?" I asked, sitting down behind him, leaning against his back as he had done it to me in the park after the party a couple of weeks ago. He sighed and pushed his guitar off of his lap and turned to me instead.

" It's stuck. It's like I have it all in my head but it won't form into words or notes for that matter," he explained, running his hand through his curls.

" That sounds incredibly counterproductive," I chuckled, poking his shoulder. He laughed lightly, making me smile. This boy...

I watched as he reached up to open the window before leaning back against his bed, lighting a fag. A shiver ran down my spine as the wind entered the room, making goosebumps appear on my arms and legs. I was only wearing a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I hadn't bothered putting on anything else after I woke up. 

"Sorry," he mumbled with the cigarette between his lips. 

" You can grab one of my hoodies from the dresser if you'd like," he added, pointing towards the big piece of furniture on the other side of the room. I nodded and stood from my spot, walking to the dresser and pulling it open. 

It was a bit of a mess and I just reached into the pile of fabric and grabbed whatever I had gotten my fingers on. As I pulled up a black hoodie, a little bag of white powder hit the floor. I looked to Matty before slowly bending down and picking it up. 

Cocaine.

"Matt..." I said almost as a whisper. He didn't react.

" You have to throw this out. You'll be tempted if you have it lying around. It's dangerous," I added, pulling on the hoodie. He just shook his head, observing me. I looked between the bag of powder and him in silence for a couple of minutes, before bringing the tiny bag back to the little table he had in his room. I slowly poured the powder onto the table and created a line with my fingers.

" What are you doing?" he asked, walking to my side. I rolled a random piece of paper into a little tube. 

" If it isn't dangerous. Then you wouldn't mind I tried it, would you?" I said calmly. He grabbed my hand that was holding the tube.

 " This is my shit, Rosie! Leave it alone," he said sternly, still holding tight around my wrist. I grabbed the tube with the other hand and leaned over the table, resulting in Matty pushing the white powdery line out of formation across the table before I could sniff any of it. 

Not that I was going to. I was just trying to prove a point, knowing how he would react.

" Are you fucking stupid!" he yelled at me, pushing me away from the table. 

" What the hell were you thinking," he continued, looking at me as I calmly sat back down, resting against his bed. 

" Well, that's how I feel and think when you do the same," I stated, looking at how his face was grimacing as he realised how I had tricked him. 

 He robbed his head, sitting back down by my side on the floor. 

"I'm just trying to help you, Matty. Because I want you to stick around for as long as possible," I explained, sitting in his lap, facing him so I was sat with a leg on either side of him.