Chapter Twelve

Hi guys!  I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'm going to see the band in 3 days and I'm so excited!

You guys motivate me - so don't hold back any votes or comments! They inspire me!

---

Matty's p.o.v

December had come around and snow was falling in big, fluffy snowflakes outside of the window. I reached my hand into the cupboard and pulled out a mug as I heard the front door open.

" Honey I'm home," George yelled in a girly voice, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm in the kitchen," I yelled back, filling the kettle as he stepped into the kitchen. He shook his head, running his hands through his locks, resulting in small icy flakes falling across the kitchen floor. 

" It's fucking freezing outside. I'm not going out there again. You have to pick her up tonight," he announced, shivering as some of the watery flakes from his hair dripped down his neck.

I chuckled. Rosie was at a Christmas party at Alex's place along with some of her friends from uni. She had told me I could come, but I didn't feel like partying in a room with 20 psychologist-to-be. I would stick out like a sore thumb. I had gotten better, a lot better actually. I had messed up a couple of times since our days in Manchester, but Rosie had been supportive which made things easier.

" I'm not going out there," I replied, nodding my head towards the window and grabbed another cup from the cupboard. I assumed he would fancy some coffee as well.

" Well, she's your girlfriend, " he defended, leaning against the kitchen table, observing me as I filled the cups with the dark liquid.

" She's your cousin."

" Yeah, but I didn't choose to be her cousin. You chose to be her boyfriend. She's your responsibility now," he defended jokingly. I picked up the cups and we both went to sit down in the living room.

" Here," I said, handing him his cup, holding my own between my hands.

" Thanks," he responded, taking it as he leaned his head back against the wall. I sipped my coffee. 

" Adam and Ross are at the studio. Something in the recording had messed up, so they had to redo their parts," I informed in lack of anything else to talk about.

He nodded as he changed the channel on the tv. No matter what you did, there was no way escaping Santa Claus, elves, cheesy Christmas romcoms and festive commercials anywhere as soon as you turned on the tv.

" Have you asked Rosie about where she wants to go for Christmas?" he asked, turning his head to look at me.

I shook my head and sipped my coffee " no?"

" I would ask her to come and celebrate with my family, but I assumed you two would like to celebrate together" he continued, putting down the cup at the table in front of his chair. I wrinkled my nose in disgust. We seriously had to clean soon. Empty fag packets, napkins and dirty plates were lying around.

I chuckled. 

Rosie had been busy all week. Normally, she would freak out and clean everything up, but she had spent most of her week studying at uni or in her room.

" Wouldn't she like to celebrate Christmas with her own family?" I asked, looking at him with slight confusion. She had lived here for a good 6 months, and I still knew nothing of her family. Sure, I knew about George and his part of the family, but not her close family.