Chapter Ten

I hope you enjoy this. Don't forget to vote and comment along the way! <3

---

Rosie's p.o.v

"We'll be there in a second," Matty assured me as we drove through an unfamiliar city.

 We had been driving for a good hour and a half, and Matty had been really secretive the entire morning. He had refused to tell me where we were going, and he had made it clear to me that it was strictly forbidden to open the boot of the car which his mum had given us permission to have for the day. 

The weather was alright, taking the average British weather into consideration. I looked out the window to see if I could find any clues to where we were. 

I had fallen asleep on the way so I had missed any chance at following the clues from the signs on the motorway. All I could tell was, that we were getting closer to the coast, and before I knew it, Matty pulled up and parked the car. 

" Welcome to Blackpool, baby," he exclaimed clearly excited. I grinned and got out of the car, went around it and slipped my hand into his as he had exited the car. 

"Where are we going?" I asked as we began strolling down along the coast.

" The local fair," he said, pointing straight ahead where a giant Ferris wheel came into sight.

"Oh my god, really?!" I exclaimed excitedly, jumping up and down like a little kid, making him laugh. 

" Yeah, my parents used to take Louis and I here whenever it was our birthdays," he explained, leaning in kissing my head as we got closer. I couldn't remember the last time I had gone somewhere like this, but my family weren't exactly one to engage in family adventures like this one. 

"What are we gonna try?" he asked, making me look around at all the neon signs, colourful roller coasters and small stalls with games and snacks.

" This!" I decided, practically dragging him after me in the direction of the biggest roller coaster in sight.

 --

" I swear I'm gonna be sick if we continue in this rate," Matty warned jokingly as we got down from our fourth roller coaster. He was looking quite pale actually but he seemed in a good mood. I couldn't help but laugh at him. 

I had dragged him back and forth between all the rides and it turned out he wasn't as tough when it came to loops as he thought he would have been.

"How about some games?" he asked, pointing towards a line of different tents and stalls on the side of the little pedestrian street that went through the park. 

"Hmm, I'm not so sure I wanna play with a cheater," I said jokingly, referring back to how Louis had blamed Matty of cheating when they had played video games last night. He laughed, pretending to be offended before smirking at me. 

" I see. You are afraid I'm gonna kick your arse," he mocked, imitating my joking tone from before." You wish," I said, dragging him towards the stalls. 

" Keep dreaming."

Turns out we were somewhat equally good at the different games the fair had to offer, and we ended up with 3 stuffed animals, 2 bags of shitty sweets and the ugliest t-shirt I had seen in a while.

"Last round!" I challenged, picking up a red ball, throwing it into the air and caught it again, which resulted in him sending me a cocky smile as he picked up a blue ball.

" Bring it on," he agreed, getting ready for the 'go' from the woman working in the stall. I leaned forward, bending my knees the same way you would stand if you were getting ready to catch a ball. I squinted one eye closed, aiming to the best of my ability.