Chapter Seventeen

COMPETITION TIME! - GET YOUR OWN CHARACTER IN THE BOOK! -  Read the author's note in the end of this chapter. Enjoy <3

Don't forget to comment along the way ;)

---

Rosie's POV

The last 2 months had been absolutely crazy. Shortly after Christmas, they had released their first self titled album and it had been a greater success than any of us had dared to wish for. Their songs "Chocolate" and "Girls" had gone through the roof, which to me seemed a little odd because they had done some much more creatively fulfilling songs, but that didn't seem to bother any of them. Even though their popularity only was in the UK and Europe for now, we were all ecstatic.

" I'm hungry," George stated as he pressed the button to the lift. All five of us were standing in the lobby in a big building in downtown London. The boys had been called to this promotion meeting, and as I had nothing better to do, I had just tagged along.

" Shut up, you are always hungry," Matty replied, putting an arm around my shoulder loosely as a waiting position until the lift arrived at our level. All around us were businessmen and woman getting on with their day in their fine suits with big portfolios and folders under their arms. No one paid us much attention, but when someone occasionally looked up from their papers or phones, we received some weird looks as we stood there in our leather jackets, ripped jeans, band tees and boots.

" Yeah George, that's sort of old news," Ross chuckled as a loud ding signalled that the lift had made its way to the ground floor.

" Well, we can't all live off of fags like Matty," George defended, gesturing his hands towards Matty before running a hand through his hair.

" Touché," Matty said, winking at him before removing his arm from around my neck, intertwining his fingers with mine instead as we all entered the lift, taking us to the 17th floor.

After a short walk down a corridor, we were greeted by a man, possibly in his thirties, who went around doing half man-hugs and weird handshakes with each of the guys, before he finally introduced himself to me as Jamie. The boys had all spoken really fondly about this guy Jamie and though I had never met him before, I could tell why. He was incredibly energetic and seemed to see the four guys as friends and not just business on legs.

I guess the guy that the boys had played for all that time ago, was just somebody they had to go through to get to Jamie, which we must say had paid off. They had found somebody that had invested time and money in them, and now people of all ages were buying their music.

After greeting everybody, he signalled for us all to follow him into a small meeting room. It had been a very nice little room if it wasn't for Jane who was sitting on the white leather couch with an annoying grin plastered across her face as she sat there with her legs crossed delicately on top of one another. 

" Hey boys," she said in an annoyingly sweet tone as she batted her fake eyelashes at us.

Just the sound of her voice annoyed me, and she was probably trying her very best to do exactly that. Even if she wasn't deliberately trying to make my toes curl, I was pretty sure she could make the sweetest, most innocent and romantic love declaration, and it would still make me wanna rip my hair out.

" Well, take a seat," Jamie said, gesturing towards the couch, ignoring Jane's attempt to be flirtatious. Everybody found themselves a seat, and in no time Jane was sitting incredibly close to George, fiddling with the hem of his shirt which he seemed to try his best to ignore, even though I could tell by the way he shifted in his seat, that he actually enjoyed the attention. If it hadn't been because of the fact that George was sat between her and Matty, I'm pretty sure she had been all over him instead.