Guilt

"Rock, is something wrong?" asked Roll, Megaman's sister. They were cleaning Dr. Light's lab for guests. Cluttered books were scattered around the floor, tools piled on the tables and desk where robots were built. While Roll was dancing to herself while dusting, she noticed Rock's odd behavior. He seemed...more quiet. No response came from the blue robot. "Uh...Rock?" Still no response. Puffing her cheeks, she lightly punches his shoulder, with him finally responding with a wince.

"Ow! Y-Yes Roll?" He whimpered. Even though he was a robot himself, the pain still lingered in his circuits.

Did he just stammer? Roll thought, shaking her head and staring at him. "Are you alright? You seem a little distracted about something." Rock then attempted to act cool, sweeping the floor quickly.

"Yeah! I'm fine! Why wouldn't I be fine?" Roll simply tilted her head.

"Because you've been sweeping with the wrong side of the broom for over 5 minutes."

Rock blinked, realizing he has been scraping the floor with the wooden side of the broom. Facepalming himself, he puts the broom down and proceeded to sit down. Roll sat beside him, stroking her brother's back calmly. He continued to stare down the floor.

"Rock, what is wrong with you? You're usually happy cleaning the lab with me. Are you worrying about meeting the other robots soon? I mean, it's okay to be nervous, but I think they'll be friendly with you. We just need to make sure they don't blow up the lab like Bomb almost did!" She smiled to herself, but it quickly died with his lack of a response. Roll was ready to lecture him when his quiet voice spoke out.

"I'm just thinking about Dr. Wily, and all the chaos he's done." This silenced his sister for a second. They would usually try to dodge the mentions of the evil doctor, so why's Rock bringing this up?

"Well...you stopped Dr. Wily from hurting hundreds of people with that robot virus a while ago. We were all grateful no one got hurt."

Rock's expression got dark for a moment, startling Roll. He turned away slightly, but not letting go of her hand. "But those robots. The ones I had to fight, I...destroyed them. I killed them." He voice felt weak, like he was trying to hold back his emotions.

"Rock, it's okay." Roll replied, hugging her brother. "All of them were recovered and repaired, and their back with their families! You saved them Rock, please don't feel sad."

"Not all of them." Rock barely whispered.

"What was that?"

Rock slowly got up from Roll's hug. He gave her the best smile he could muster before heading for the entrance. "I'm going to visit some of our other friends sis. I'll be out for a while."

"Wait, Rock..."

"I'll be careful, I promise." And the door closed, leaving her on her own in the dirty lab.

(With Cutman)

Rock approached the lumber building, some of the workers greeting him and welcoming him in. He almost forgot to say hi back as he caught sight of his best friend. The orange and white robot was slightly shorter than him, the only thing making him taller was the pair of scissors attached to his head. He takes off the tool, cutting off thick branches of a fallen tree. Rock coughed lightly, making the little robot squeak and land on his back.

"Hi Cut." He smiled. The younger bot smiled brightly, reattaching his scissors and bear hugging his older brother.

"Rock! Didn't expect to see you here!" He called to his brother. Rock gave a small hug in return.

"Yeah...How is your job going?"

"Great! Admittedly, there have been less trees to cut, but they mostly let me organize and trim them. I said 'fine by me' and things have been going swiftly! How about you?" Cut started lifting the other branches, handing them to other workers. Rock twirled his hair around.