Hide and Seek

I dropped the plate in the sink upon seeing the glint, and it caught the groups attention. The drill disappeared deeper into the hallway closet.

"Rock, is something wrong?" Dr. Light asked. My core skipped a couple beats as I whipped around.

"I just realized I left something in my room. I'll be right back!" And I ran out of the room, leaving the other robot masters confused. I opened the closet door and ran inside. It was dark, and no sign of a drill anywhere. Maybe I was just imagining things, he couldn't be here right now. However, the moment I turned around, bright green eyes stared right back.

"Ah!" I yelped.

"AHH!" The robot yelled slightly louder. I shut him up, slamming my hands in his mouth. His sharp teeth dug in my fingers.

"Crash," I whispered as quietly but sternly as I could, "what are you doing here?! In the hallway closet?!"

"I was coming back from a trip, but I noticed Metal wasn't here. Then I heard other voices, and I scared and ran in here."

"You had to come at the worst time possible!" I kicked the other shoes lightly. How Crash even managed to fit in this tiny closet was beyond me.

"Why? What's going on out there?" Crash peeked through the crack to catch the doctors at the table. Soon, he saw the robot masters and smiled a little. "Oh, I think I know some of those people!"

"Crash, we need to get you out of here." I tensed up.

"What's the big deal? From what I heard, some of these robot masters don't even know about me." I refrained from slapping myself. I pointed at Dr. Cossack, but it only made Crash more confused. "The doctor with the glasses? Is he important?"

"That's Dr. Cossack. That's who I'm worried about?"

"Does he not like me and my brothers?"

"More like he doesn't like anything Wily period. You were deactivated at the time, but he kind of kidnapped Cossack's daughter and blackmailed him into doing his bidding otherwise it meant her life. He was forced to create more robots to destroy me, and he nearly got killed himself!"

Crash registered the story before his face morphed into a look of horror and disgust. "Oh my god. Oh...my god." He leaned against the door.

"Now you see the situation! If Dr. Cossack sees you, we are both dead."

"What do I do?"

"We need to get you out. Follow me." The moment I opened the door, I saw all of the creators and doctors sitting in the living room in front of us. I slam the door again, Crash tumbling in the darkness. "Of course they have to be outside!!"

"Fan-freaking-tastic." Crash muttered.

"Give me a second." Leaving a tiny crack and waiting for everyone's back is turned, I grab Crash's 'hand' and waved it up and down. The tiny glint moved toward the robot masters in the other room until it hit Roll and Cutmans' faces. They noticed us, my cutting brother almost choking on his food.

"Are you okay Cut?" Torchman asked.

"Mhmm!"

Catching both their attention, I pointed toward the stairs, away from the prying eyes of the humans. We all did a small nod before the two split up. "Dr. Light, do you want to show the others around the lab?" My dad gave a small smile and rubbed Roll's head.

"Of course, come on everyone. I'll show you around the lab."

"Where are we going?" Fuseman declared from the moving robot masters.