More bots

Note: This is occurring around the same time as "Hide and Seek". Dr. Light and the doctors have some important discussions about the impact Wily had on them all...

"Thank you Roll for showing us the lab. Why don't you clean the kitchen for us while I talk with the others?" I asked my 'daughter'. I couldn't help but notice she looked to the side every few seconds, but I thought of it as her agreeing. "Go on."

"Thank you Dr. Light!" And she ran into the kitchen, picking up each of the objects. Each of us were talking about our life, what we do, and each of their robot masters. It made me smile when they talked about how they behaved with humans.

"So Blastman has a tendency to blow stuff up?" The explosion robot's creator sighed.

"Yeah, but I've managed to teach him to calm his temper. He now writes whatever's on his mind."

"Oh! He writes? What kind of things?"

"Well...I've only looked at it once, and he writes whatever he pleases. Sometimes it's about nonsense, other times it's actually really sweet and thought provoking. And then there are the missing pages."

"Missing?" I asked. She smiled in amusement.

"Remember what I said that he has a temper? He sometimes puts that on the pages. Over half his journals have singe marks."

"I see! He sounds like a playful bunch." I chuckled.

"He means well, I know it. He's just a stubborn robot, but we all love him. He's like your children Light, but with more excitement thrown at us." One of the other creators, Fuseman's creator, glanced at our direction.

"I always wondered, why did you build him around a teen age? Wouldn't adult be more appropriate for the type of function he does?" They asked.

"Technically yes. But, he works for us in a amusement park. We thought building him to be around teen age would let him get along with little kids better. I admit it's still a work in progress, they just won't stop pulling on his spikes."

The other creator sighed, watching the ice melt in their hand. I stepped closer to them. "Is something wrong?"

"I just feel like I could've done more for Fuse's construction. All of you, you're robot masters are just so wonderful. They all get along and have fun and tease each other. And you're there for them, seeing them smile and get along with others. I...just wish I could do that for Fuse."

I sat next to them, comforting them. They seemed to be the most stressed out of all of us here, with noticeable bags under their eyes. Even their suit seemed to be slightly dirty. "It's okay-"

"Apologies, but it's not. The moment Fuseman was made, he was automatically put to work by the company. He wasn't given a chance to interact, laugh, or even ask questions. Just 'control this current' and 'don't do that' or even 'this place will blow'! I didn't get to bond with him like you do with your children or anyone else here. I feel like when he wanted to ask me and chat to me like a normal person, but I was so busy with my own work, I didn't even notice him. Eventually, he started ignoring everyone entirely, focusing endlessly on his work. Sometimes, I come home and notice he's dangerously low on power, but he still works! I fear he will hurt himself one day, and I can't do anything!"

Cossack helped me with the other's comfort, reassuring the safety of the new robot. "It's going to be okay," Cossack whispered, "If you feel that way about him, then you need to tell him that. Right, Light?"

"Yes, it's like when I had to confront Elecman about the same thing. Some robots tend to not acknowledge the damage they do to themselves. It's only when they notice the pain they're inflicting on others that snap them out of it. Tell how you feel to Fuse about his working, get him to talk and listen to you. If you can work things out, Fuse will change to make you happy. Eventually, he will grow close to you, I assure you." They took a sip of their water, satisfied with the talk. Letting her think on her own, me and Cossack talked to each other.