Leaving the forest part 1

The dew of the forests leaves dropped on the intruding humans, cautiously stepping over the shrubs. They had small weapons on them and turning to every corner. No one spoke, afraid to catch the attention of the protectors of this forest. Unfortunately, they were already being watched. Two pairs of eyes jumped over the tress, one red and one blue.

"Ready?"

"Yes."

Suddenly, the humans were alerted to yelping and a passing everywhere. They were scared and confused what was happening until they saw little snakes crawling inside their shirts. They frantically tried to pull them as the snakes bit harder. Suddenly, there were screams as a body slammed into each one, propelling a body into a tree. The kicks and punches knocked the wind out of them, allowing the snakes to just bite harder. The humans swung their puny knives around only for something to slice the blades in half.

Something fell in front of them, and red eyes stared into their hearts. They felt their hearts sink. The red eyes shrunk and a growl followed.

"It's 'Blood Eyes'! A bunch of money is not worth this!"

"Let's book it!" And like that they were gone. Well, there was still screaming from the search snakes biting them.

"That never gets old, right Slash?" Snakeman gave a toothy grin. His tail wagged and gave a playful snarl at a human, scaring the pants off them. They screamed again and retreated back. "RAAGH! Hahahaha!"

"You missed one." Slash groaned. Snake turned around to see a stumbling human, and hissed. "Oh, he passed out. Pansy."

"That's gong to be enough for me today. Are you going to head back?"

"I'm running low on energy. I was made for short combat, not for overnight stakeouts." He sighed. Snake could easily translate it to 'that wasn't obvious?'

"We'll have to do another check for intruders later though, so I'll go for now. Be sure to be ready..." Snake turned to him, "And don't think about attacking without me."

"Whatever." He simply responded.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey,

I just got your message. Are you saying the truth about this, with Snake and everything? I would love to help! Let me know where you want to meet, and I'll make sure to bring him too. I'm sure he'll be happy to see his family again.

-Plantman

"Snake will love the surprise." Hebi rubbed his head on my shoulder. "You'll love it too."

"Love what~?" Snake's voice hissed in my ear. I yelped and whipped around.

"Querido Deus, SNAKE!!"

"Yes? What are you looking at?" He smiled in satisfaction at my fright. I quickly regained my footing.

"Just a email from a good friend of Dr. Light. He is recovering as many Wily bots as he can." I gave the news. Snakeman gave this stare of confusion, but I'm pretty sure he knew this news. Both him and Slash seemed to know something for the past couple of weeks, leaving me alone. I don't know how they know, but the news already reached them.

"I've heard for a while. So, what are you planning on doing about it?" He asked, grabbing some food. I shook my head, I need to get it through to him.

"No, he wants you back and giving you a new purpose Snakeman. You can go back to your creator and family and get a new job."

"But don't I already have a job here?" He persisted.

"Yes, but...I don't know, it's more like a hobby to you than a job. You can an actual job in the city and close to home." I smiled.