Kalinka's Halloween

Note: Yay! A story involving the Cossack robots and Kalinka!

It was recess time at school, the decorations were up, adults were walking around with bags full of costumes and candy. And I watched it all happening, excited that Halloween was finally coming. The time were I can eat as many candy without papa getting worried. And I dress up as a princess and show everyone my best costume. I hope Pharaohman will be able to come with me.

He has been very busy lately, as well as the others. That made me sad. I know they work just as hard as papa and have to, but I'm alone most of the time. Just me and my princess toys, but I want to go trick or treating with someone this year. Toad and Bright will surely be working all week, Pharaoh and Drilly will be going across the country again, and Ring is chasing after bad guys throughout the holiday. However, there may be one person. I thought about it, he doesn't do much, but maybe if I ask, he'll join in.

"Yo K!" One of three sets of kids called for me. Looking away from the fence, I faced them. "Are you ready for Halloween?"

"Yep!" I replied cheerily, "And I know just what to be!"

"It's a princess, isn't it?" One of them smiled.

"How did you know?"

"K, you always go as a princess, waiting for her precious prince to come save her." They teased. "Have you actually found a prince yet?"

"Well no...But I know who to go to." I smiled before the bell rang.

"You're not even going to tell us? That's not fair!"

After I finished my classes, I walked home from school. A lot of kids were preparing the last of their costumes, some dragons and some as their favorite people. Finally, my home came into view. Inside, it was littered with spooky decorations, bats and skulls hanging off the ceiling and glowing markings on the walls. Bright was there to hug me as soon as I walked in.

"Hey Kalinka! How was school?" He asked happily. I returned the hug just as hard.

"All right! I got to see so many cool costumes on the way here! Is mine ready by any chance?" I asked.

"It's all right. Ring and Toad made sure to keep it clean for you. Do you want to test it out?"

"No thank you, I'll try it later. I'm going to see papa!" I ran off to go find my dad as I heard Bright call from the entrance.

"The doc's in the lab!"

I ran through the winding corridors toward my father's lab. Our home wasn't as big as Megaman's, but was still larger than most. I liked the space, like being in a large castle. As I entered through the door, papa was typing away at his computer.

"Hey papa-!" However, as soon as I spoke, Skullman came up from behind and startled me. I couldn't tell what he was feeling, his glare always seemed harsh. It scared me, like the monster in a princess story. "Hi Skull."

"...Hey..." He gruffly said. By our two voices, papa finally turned around and smiled. I hopped up and hugged tightly, Skull watching us idly.

"Kalinka! Are you ready for Halloween?" He asked.

"Yeah! I can't wait to play as the princess!"

"Didn't you go last year?" He wondered.

"I can go again though. It's fun!"

"All right then. I'll see if I can join you this time. I've been really busy lately."

"I know..." I murmured. I noticed Skull was watching me the whole time, like he was waiting for something to happen. "Um..."