Welcome back brothers!!

(Few days prior to "Hide and Seek")

"Can I open my eyes, now?" I groaned at the door to Dr. Light's lab. For some reason, as soon as we arrived at the door, Metal immediately told me to cover my eyes and wait outside with Roll. She was good company, but it would be nice to actually see.

"Not yet!" She giggled.

"So, what exactly was so important that Metalman had to drag me out here early in the morning?"

"It's a surprise for you."

That perked my interest. "What surprise?"

"Secret."

"Please tell me! I hate to wait for surprises!" I opened my eyes, which Roll quickly closed them again. "Roooollll!"

"I'm sorry!"

"I could be doing more things right now, like trying to build a bed with Metal, or visiting a friend of mine!" She dropped the remote, hopping onto my stomach while I laid on the couch. "Oof!" She stared at me with big eyes.

"You made a friend?!"

"I mean, I see him as one. It happened a while back, and I haven't talked with him in a while. We met on odd circumstances, and he was nice to me. He chatted with me and laughed at my stories. That's what friends do, right?" I gave a warm smile while Roll hopped up and down.

"That's beautiful Crash! You have a friend, I'm so proud of you! What's his name?"

"Blastman."

She stopped bouncing. "B-Blastman? Blue and red with spikes for hair? Seems to shout a lot?"

"Yeah, he was with you guys a few days ago, right? He's my friend." She looked stunned, and I turned serious. "Is there something wrong with that?"

"Not at all. Now that I think about it, it makes sense you two are friends. You are alike in many ways, and that helps with bonding."

"What do you mean? Don't opposites attract too?" I asked, but she shook her head.

"You're thinking of romantic relationships. While it's true that opposites can make unlikely friendships, those who are similar can have stronger bonds. It's because they can share the same interests, hobbies, or struggles. It allows them to talk about it because the other would understand the pain. I like to think about that sometimes. That's how my brother and Cutman work so well together. They are both silly, but deal with struggles in their work."

"Hm, maybe you're right. I should talk to him again."

"When was the last time you two talked?" I sweated in embarrassment.

"6 days ago."

"What?! Crash, in order to keep friendships, you need to talk with them often! If you don't, he'll think you don't care and forget about you."

"I know, I know!" I covered my face with my drills. "But I'm so bad at this! I don't know how to talk with others. Usually, people talk to me about doing things. He's the first to actually chat with me, what should I say?! Tell me Roll, what would you do?" I glanced at her with pleading eyes. She instantly gave in as I smiled in victory.

Thank you Heat for teaching me to do this!

"Stop, you're killing my heart!" She smiled. "First, you need to plan on what to do with him. Then, visit him and ask if he wants to hang out. If he agrees, you two go on your way and do whatever you two want. See what the both of you like to do, and have fun! Simple!"

"Says the one who has several encouraging brothers." I pointed it out.

She blushed slightly before playing punching me in the side. "Daw, thanks Crash!!"

"No problem." I grinned.

Finally, Dr. Light entered the living room with a bright smile. He waved me in the room, again covering my eyes.

"Oh come on, just tell me what's going on." I huffed.

"Don't worry, it will be worth it. But first..."

A weight ran into my legs, and fell straight on my back. I cursed lightly but felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, and it constricted tighter and tighter until I could barely breath. I excited young voice, hyper but chocked up, rang in my ears. I snapped my eyes open the moment the first word was said.

"Crashman!!! You're okay!!"

"H-Heatman?!" I yelled back. His yellow box-like body that had the top park open like a lid was squished against my chest, his little red face crying happily. I wrap my arms around his body, tightly returning the hug. Heat was laughing in happiness, and I smiled brightly.

"You're okay, you're alive, and..." He gasped for air, losing breath with every word.

"Careful Heatman, you just woke up. Don't want to overheat your circuits." A gentle deep voice spoke up. I stopped hugging Heat and hopped up in shock.

"Wood? You're activated too?"

"I am, Crashman. And so is Flashman." I looked around the room to process what was happening.

Heatman continued to hug my leg as Woodman got off the table with Doctor Light's help. Rock was going over diagnostics with his red dog by his side. Metal was chatting with Flashman, who looked as shiny as ever. Including that yellow bald spot on his head. The dark blue robot looked over, giving a satisfied smile and wave. Wood approached me, gently bringing me in for a hug as I stood idly.

"Metal told us everything. I'm so glad you're okay Crash. I can't imagine how scary it must have been on your own for a while."

I didn't say anything for a couple minutes, and that caught the attention of my brothers. "Crash?" Heat spoke up.

Suddenly, I wrapped my arms tightly around Woodman's round body. I squeezed as I closed my eyes, listening to the beeps of my brother's core. My brothers only watched on as Wood gently stroked my back. I patted little Heat's head and pulled him into the hug, and he hugged me again.

Flash came closer to us, not hugging but putting his hand on my shoulder. "I never thought I would miss being alive."

"You never know when you'll miss something until you lose it." Metal spoke up with Rock beside him.

"Really? Right now?" Flash looked over.

"Sorry."

"I'm...you guys are actually back." I choked out.

"Yes, and now the family is almost complete." Wood whispered.

"All there's left is Quickman, Bubbleman, and Airman right?" Heat questioned. Flash did a little 'ugh' and slapped his face.

"Do we absolutely have to get Quick back though?"

"Flash..." Metal did the 'parent' voice. Classic!

My dark blue and yellow brother dramatically raised his hands in defense. "Hey, the dude's a jerk sometimes, you can't deny it. I'd like to go just one day, one day, without that cocky robot around. Okay? No need for everyone to get all angry at me!" I flashed a smile.

"I miss your drama."

"Why thank you...wait a minute!!"

"You guys won't have to possibly go to their bases to find them." Rock interrupted.

"Yeah yeah, tell us later. Right now, brother bonding." I murmured.

"How about we all go home and get emotional there?" Metal stopped Flashman from further attacking him. "Thank you for helping us Dr. Light. And thank you Rock." The little blue robot couldn't help but jump a little in joy.

"Just to let you guys know, we are going to visit your place once in a while. Just to help you get back on your feet. And help you guys get accustomed to the city." Roll said joyfully.

"That would be wonderful everyone. Crash, could you let go of me now?" Wood gently pull on my visor head. I let go as we headed out the door, waving the Light family off.

Halfway on the walk back there, I turned to Wood. "Hey Woodman, thank you."

"For what?"

"For what you said." Wood's core might've exploded, because he gave me the biggest smile ever.