Bonding: Predatory Respect part 2

(3 months ago; 4 months after the events of part 1)

"You going to see him again Snake?" Plant smiled.

"Of course. Got to keep visiting him if it means he'll open up to us. No doubt he'll try to sneak attack me before we talk." I noticed the papers in Plant's hand. "What are those for?"

"Oh! There just reports, nothing more." He waved them off before opening the door. "I got to get going. Tell Slash there is some meat and fruit for you two to share. Good luck!"

He would probably not answer to what I told him, but I keep up the lie that he did talk with me to Plant. After having the same mini battles at night for a week, it seemed Slash calmed down from the fights overall. He started visiting more in the day, resulting in me going out at early morning to bond with him. Plantman never seemed to be bothered by it all.

I walked the whole way to Slash's area of the forest, my little snake carrying a small rodent in her mouth. I reached his living area, which was drastically different from the observatory. It was a small clearing of moss covered rocks with a small waterfall leading down in a creek. Thick trees were in a circle shape, branches wrapping around each other. One large rock was sliced in half from the middle, making a slick resting place where the multicolored robot was sleeping in a ball.

"Hey Slash.~" I whispered. The body twitched as each eye opened. Slash got up and stretch before sitting back down on the rock.

"So, um, Plant thought you would like some food from the lab. Are you hungry right now?"

"More or less." He grumbled.

"Well just in case, he packed up a whole bunch of stuff!" I tipped over the bag, showing a colorful array of fruits and veggies. I could see Slash jolt up from the sweet scent of them.

"He said we should eat these before they go bad by the end of the day. So, make yourself comfortable." I smiled.

"Do you always do what he tells you to do?" He asked, scratching his spikes that were strangely flexible.

"Well yeah. I mean, he rebuilt me so it's kind of a show of gratitude. Wouldn't you do that to?" I replied. I didn't know when or how long Slash was reactivated, but I did know he was like me and from a younger gen line of robots.

"I don't know. My brother didn't exactly show gratitude like me, so apologies if I seem a little cold."

"Was that sarcasm?" I tease him. He rolled his eyes before stepping down to get a drink in the stream. Tiny pebbles were crushed under his claws.

"Okay, changing the subject. Why do you hate humans so much?" He didn't look up at me.

"Don't you hate humans too?"

"I was reprogrammed by Wily, it wasn't like I had a choice. But your hatred seems to branching off of something. Like a tiny fire had found more tinder to fuel the inferno."

"I don't just hate humans, but the lapdogs they have for robots."

"Oh really?" I got a step closer, careful not to provoke him. Even he was talking to me now, he wasn't exactly trusting me yet. "Then what do call me?"

"A tolerable distraction."

"Plantman?"

"A weirdo." He finished.

"Oh yeah, and living on your own like a loner is better for you? Can't stand company from someone else?"

"It seems better than living in the shadows of other people, being pushed around by all the humans. I like to take action than sit like a dog. Like how you and Plant do all the time."