Fun in the city part 1

The room was quiet, a little too quiet for Metal's taste. When he explained their situation to him, Crash took it relatively well at first, which surprised him. No bombs were launched, nothing blew up, and he still had both of his legs. But, the news affected Crash in a different way. He became reclusive, throwing crashbombs at old pictures of Dr. Wily, more so in the face. Lying down face first in the old mattresses was most of his time spent. He also would spy on Metal removing the damaged parts from their brothers.

"What's going to happen to our brothers?"

"We take them to Rock and the others." Crash stared, bringing one of his drills to his face and tapping against the visor on his head.

"Why?"

"Because they're the only ones who we can go to. Unless you want to go back to the old man." Crash stomped his foot defiantly, earning a chuckle from Metal.

"I don't know who you are talking about. What old man?" Crash hummed to himself.

"You can't fool me Crash. You miss Wily, I know it. You always did like destroying his stuff like a child."

"I am not a child!" The orange robot huffed.

"And yet you complain when you don't-"

"Metal, you say anything, I swear I'll..." Crash's eye twitched.

"Have hands." The red bot finished. Crash launched himself on top of his brother, tackling him over desks. Metal laughed as he attempted to stop Crash from hurting himself. Crash eyes looked angry, but after a second, the brothers exchanged snickers and fell on their own.

"I hate it when you do that."

"Sorry, had to. You haven't been yourself for a couple of days. Mind telling me what's up?" Crash clashed his drills together like he attempted, and failed, to clap.

"I'm booooooooored! I want to go out!" He groaned.

"But, we can't go out in daylight. We'll be seen by the people." Metal objected. He got slapped lightly by another drill.

"Pleeeeeaaaase? I've had to listen to your puns, which are terrible by the way, and all of the old man's photographs are ruined. Can we just go out for a few minutes? Pretty please?" Crash turned to his side, staring at Metal with wide, piercing green eyes. He even gave small warm smile, which was rare from Crash. He tried to resist the eyes, but unfortunately his chest felt heavy.

"Curse your green eyes. Alright, we can go out." Crash leapt up with happiness.

"YAY!!"

"We need to go in disguise though."

"Awww..." The teenager robot pouted in a adorable manner.

"Come on, let's get the coats and we'll be purr-fect." Crash glared at him as he snickered.

"I. Will bash. Your face in."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mega City was larger than the both of them have expected. There were several large shopping malls, towers reaching the clouds, and little kids playing with their toys. Crash, covered in a large brown coat, watched the cars go by and the robots chatting with the humans. Metal with twitching from his saw shoulders tangled in the fabrics. He mumbled in frustration, with the younger orange bot admiring the city through big eyes.

"The city looks pretty when my crashbombs aren't blowing up." Crash smiled. He had to admit, he loved creating explosions. But, the undestroyed city had its perks.

"So, where do you want to go?" Metal asked. Crash shrugged, with a facepalm following soon after.

"No idea!"