11th generation

(Dr. Light's Lab)

"Rock, get up! Our guests will be arriving in a few hours!" I heard Elecman declare downstairs. I simply groaned under the sheets. Between Crash's note downstairs and having to calm Metalman down afterwards, I was not in the mood. However, I heard giggling above as I felt weight fall on top of me.

"Agh!!"

"Hahahaha! Wake up, buddy!" Cutman laughed as he bounced on the bed.

"Cut, why!" I exclaimed.

"Because you're the only one that was still sleeping. Get your butt up now, you said you were going to introduce me to everyone!" Cut smiled, but I was hiding my face in the pillow. I felt him come closer to me, and I used this opportunity. I bolted up and hit him in the face with the pillow, some feathers popping off. We stared at each other competitively.

"It is on."

~~~~~~~~~

"And that should fix the rest of your functions Metalman. You're all good to go." Dr. Light smiled at me while he washed his hands. I was sitting on his table with my chest plate open. I looked over to where my recovered brothers were.

Flash looked brand new with polished armor and now longer having any metallic scars from blades. Wood, as always, looked peaceful even if he was burnt to a crisp when I found him. I couldn't find heatman anywhere around them, then I saw the yellow box. I swore he acted like a turtle, hiding in his shell at times. I found it amusing and adorable.

"Thank you Dr. Light. You didn't have to do all of this for me, granted our history."

"Nonsense," the doctor waved it off, "I strive to make robots and humankind as equals. It would be foolish to me to not help robots in need. No matter the history between us, my doors will always be open to you Metal."

"Rock could not have gotten a better father than you." I complimented him.

"Thank you. He does look up to me like a father, and I love them both very much."

"His friend, Cutman was it? He told me Rock wanted to give me and my brothers a second chance. I know it sounds crazy, but...I want to give it a try."

Automatically, Dr. Light almost dropped his coffee and looked at me. "Really?"

"I guess? I don't know what else to do. I don't want to go back to Wily, but I need something to do. Crash is right, it gets a little boring at our new place after cleaning up messes and lying around. I need a purpose. So doc, I got to ask. Do you know a function I can do?"

"I'm...not sure. I didn't build you, so I don't know what you're capable of. Would you mind showing me?"

Agreeing to his request and unmoving from the table, I summoned a blade and threw it at a wall. It got lodged halfway in before I pulled out another one and launched again. The two metal blades split in half upon contact. Dr. Light commented on it and wrote it down on his journal.

"Interesting. And Crashman's power is like Bombman, right?"

"Sort of. Crash was built like Bombman, but he has his own "flare." His bombs can latch onto any surface, and it goes off within seconds. He's also immune to most explosives thanks to his armor."

"I see." The doctor closed his journal. "Let me see what I can do for you Metal. I'll have to look around for a job. Anything else you want to ask me?"

"Actually yes. Could you maybe use an alias for me?" I asked nervously. The doc tilted his head. "I feel more comfortable that way. Please say Masanori instead of my actual name."