Chapter 49: My Dad's Gone Crazy

Chapter 49: My Dad’s Gone Crazy

Amsterdam was crazy. The crowd had been a little tense, not wanting to be known for drugs or violence. It was ironic that they were attending a show that was obviously hinting at those themes. They’d given him a pink towel and Proof wouldn’t shut up about it. And the camera, the one that Riley had been playing around with last night, kept following him everywhere. It even followed him into the bathroom. He couldn’t believe Paul was forcing him to do a Behind the Scenes DVD for the Tour. He was starting to think his life was the fucking Jerry Springer Show. The shows in Rotterdam and Brussels were much the same.

They took a very early flight to Paris. Marshall couldn’t help but notice how Riley had been a big down and in the dumps since the beginning of the tour. It was hard on her. She wasn’t used to this kind of life. But then again, it was probably the whole thing with Dick. As their plane landed and they dumped all their stuff in the hotel, Marshall swung by the Riley’s room.

He found her sitting on the bloody sofa, crossed legged, eating a bowl of cereal. Leaning against the door, he knocked on the wood. She glanced up, lowering the spoon from her mouth.

“We arrive in Paris, the city of love, and the first thing you do is sit down to a bowl of Frosted Flakes?”

Riley pulled a cheeky smile and offered him the bowl as he stepped into her room. “You know it’s my favorite… besides. We only have a few hours before sound check so we can’t do anything.”

Marshall shrugged, “Oh, I don’t know about that. I thought we could go for a drive.”

Riley didn’t look impressed. “A drive?” She took another mouthful of cereal, disinterested.

“You know,” He’d crossed the hotel room and was now only a few feet away from her. “I thought we could take a nice long drive… see Paris… maybe past the Eifel Tower?” Riley jumped up so fast the milk splashed over her bowl and straight onto his shirt. He glanced down, horrified, as he held it away from his skin. “And buy me a new shirt…”

Riley dumped the bowl and wrapped her arms around his neck, excited. “I can’t believe I’m going to see the Eifel Tower! How romantic!”

Marshall smirked. “Yeah in a car…”

Riley rolled her eyes. “We’ll drive by really slow.” Her face dropped. “I wish we could get out.”

He sighed, “You know we’ll cause a scene.”

“Promise me, we’ll get out for thirty seconds and take a photo? PLEASE.”

He grudgingly agreed but the smile it brought to her face was worth it. Riley grabbed her case off the bed and unzipped it.

“Give me a few minutes,” She insisted, tearing out clothes from the case. “I need to get changed.”

He shook his head, backing out the door. “Me too. The milk covered shirt isn’t really working for me.”

After a quick change, a call to Hailie and enough harassment from D12 to give him a headache, he finally managed to get down to the hired car where Riley was waiting. As he stepped out into the underground hotel car park, he nearly lost his breath when he saw her standing by the car. She was wearing the tightest red dress he’s ever seen. It showed her figure perfectly. He was barely able to remove his eyes from it, jaw half slacked.

“Where. Did you. Get that.” He still hadn’t even looked her in the eyes.

Shaking his head clear, he spotted her coy smile, “I brought it a while ago. I thought that because we’re going out, I wanted to look nice.”