I Don't Love Her

My writing might suck for a little bit but it does get better, I promise. 

*****

SHERLOCKS POV

I locked the door and turned around to find John shutting the curtains, I walked to the middle of the flat and John followed suit, meeting in the center. I looked into his eyes and found that he seemed nervous?

"Are we doing this or what?" John laughed lightly, trying to hide his anxiousness.

"Yes," I put one of my hands on his waist and the other interlocked our fingers, I moved our hands to the air, "put your other hand on my shoulder," John obeyed and hesitantly rested his hand above my collar bone.

I discreetly checked his pulse with the hand that was holding his, it was... quickened? His pupils were dilated as well, maybe something, probably nothing, most likely the change in light caused them to dilate. "Now I'm going to lead you, so just follow my movements," I moved my left foot back in a slick motion, gliding across the floor, John slid his right foot forward, chasing mine.

I tightened my hand around Johns ribs, "Now you step back with your left foot," He looked down and watched his left foot move back, I followed the steps I was leading him through. We paused, toe to toe, and I pulled him closer, making his breath hitch.

Pushing him outwards halfway, not wanting to separate our bodies, I kept my hold on John's hand, but let go of his waist, "Then you spin," I say he nods and begins doing what I requested. He, not so gracefully, spins in a circle, coming back around to meet my eyes again. I reeled him back in, our bodies crashing into each other, I held him tighter than before, oddly missing the sensation of our bodies together as one.

JOHNS POV

Once we started moving most of my jitters melted away, my breaths, short and trembling, were now calmer and more even. Sherlock pulled me closer and my breath caught, why did this feel so right? Sherlock guided me through the dance, despite stepping on his toes numerous times, I did pretty well for my first time.

We broke apart finally, part of me missing the heat of his body, "Good," he breathes, "You did good for your first lesson,"

"Really?" I smiled, seemingly proud of myself. 

Sherlock nodded, "Next time though you'll be leading Mary across the floor," he turns away, the lighting in the room from the closed shutters casts shadows on his cheekbone, making them even more appealing, his tight purple shirt showed off his muscular and lean body. He ruffled his hair, which drew my attention to it, I wish I could run my hands through it. I'm not gay, I try reminding myself. I'm into women, not men. But then why did I want to touch Sherlock? My flatmate, nonetheless. It just didn't--

"John," my eyes flicked to Sherlocks, I raised my brows in indication for him to continue, "what are you looking at?" Sherlock looked behind him. Shit, he caught me staring at him. I cleared my throat.

"What? Nothing, why? Did you say something?" I swallowed and furrowed my brows.

"Uh, yes, I was asking if you wanted to try again, this time with music?" Sherlock motioned to the record player.

"Oh right, of course, let's try it again," I watch as he steps over to the records and pulls one out carelessly, he reads it and seems satisfied with the selected and sets it in the player. It begins, it's a soft melody, perfect for this dance.

Sherlock holds his hand out for me to take, I reach for it and once again our bodies are connected, the hand on my hip sets fire to my flesh, but I ignore it, not gay remember? Only this time the dance is so much more intense, it's impossible to look away from Sherlocks beautiful blue-green eyes.