Day 13: Needing Each Other

I dunno about this one, I wrote it a while ago but got mad because I couldn't fix it and make it how I wanted, so then I stopped writing it and never posted it, but now I'm getting desperate. It's not like it's horrible, it has a storyline and everything, there are just a few iffy parts.

DAY 13! I can't believe it, I never make commitments and stick to them like this, thank you all so much for staying with me and this story everyday, you all are the best, for real.

Sorry this was posted a little late, I was gone since 1:00 and I usually post at 3:00, but it's here.

*****

We need to talk when you get home. -SH

John looked at the text message on his phone, he glanced up at the clock on the wall of his office, 5:30.

I agree. -JW

Sherlock sat on the couch and stared at the three dots on his phone, signaling John typing a reply, when he got the message he took a deep breath and rubbed his forehead.

*****

John took his time at the office that day, offering to take extra work off people's hands, all so that he wouldn't have to go home and deal with his boyfriend.

However, he did have to leave eventually, he clocked out and said goodbyes to his coworkers before walking out the door and into the pouring rain, perfectly mimicking his gloomy mood.

Once he reached the door to 221B he turned the knob, taking a deep breath and shedding his coat once inside, he set the coat into the crook of his elbow and started up the stairs.

"Hey," he said plainly, entering the flat to see Sherlock seated on the sofa, staring at nothing.

Sherlock raised his eyebrows in acknowledgement and John nodded his head.

"Right," he turned on his heel and went further up the stairs to his flat, putting away his work items.

"This'll go great," he mumbled to himself before walking back down and into the flat again, he took a seat in his chair and stared at Sherlock who met his eyes.

"This isn't working John," John pursed his lips.

"No, yeah, I agree," he drew in a breath through his nose.

"We've been together for a while now, yeah?" Sherlock asked and John nodded, "it just doesn't feel the same as when it began," John licked his lips.

"I know," he moved his gaze to the floor and moved his hand to his forehead.

"What happened to us?" Sherlock asked and John scoffed lightly, "We used to be so passionate about each other, when did it change?"

"I don't know, Sherlock," John looked into his eyes again, "Sometimes that just happens, for no reason," Sherlock nods and sniffs.

"So what do we do then?" John shakes his head.

"Take a break? See what happens from there?" Sherlock looks into his lap at his hands.

"Okay," his voice is quiet and laced with pain.

John stands and walks over to Sherlock, taking a seat on the couch beside him, he places a hand on Sherlocks knee.

Sherlock looks at him with red eyes, glistening in the light. He gives a small smile and looks at John's hand on his knee, John squeezes and lets go, standing up and walking out the door, leaving Sherlock alone.

*****

"We should probably keep this to ourselves," Sherlock tells John as he puts on his coat.