Day 16: The Play

Day 16 heckers, I told you I'd be back! This ones actually kinda long believe it or not, BTW I'm sorry about the last chapter, that was mean, but it was also fun so I'm not that sorry :)

Enjoy this you hoes.

*****

Neither John nor Sherlock wanted to spend their day at a theatre watching a play, however, it was necessary, in order to find a young man's murderer.

"Maybe it won't be so bad," John tried being optimistic, but inside he knew that it was actually going to suck, sitting and watching plays for hours on end was not really something John enjoyed to do in his free time.

Sherlock stepped out of the cab and began walking to the front doors of the enormous theatre with John on his side.

"Doubtful," Sherlock replied, pulling the handle to a massive door and letting John inside first, they walked up to a ticket booth.

"Two tickets, please," John said to the booth worker, he made the payment while Sherlock looked around, taking everything in.

"Ready?" John asked and Sherlock looked at him before nodding.

Waking through yet another set of doors they were greeted by a large man, handing out green papers that describe the plays that will take place, when intermission will be, food and drink rules in the theatre, and lastly a list of actors who will be starring in the show, and one will be our suspected killer.

They took a seat in one of the closer rows of the auditorium, the seats were a red cloth with armrests at either side, the color almost a direct match to that of the carpeted floors.

Sherlock looked to the stage where two curtains were hiding the rest of it, he then looked down at the paper John held in his hands and together they read it, John first looked at the play titles, none of them sounding familiar, Sherlock though, looked at all of the actors, once again, none of them sounding familiar.

Five minutes later, the lights began to dim and the curtains slowly open to reveal a set that mimics a living room, one white couch and a fireplace in front of it. An actress appears on stage in a blue dress and hair pulled back into a tight bun, walking over to the couch and taking a seat before another actor walks out, a man this time with dark hair slicked back.

John sighs and they begin talking, something about a dance, though John doesn't pay much attention, instead he's looking at the lights above, there were so many colors that brought it all together.

"Do you want to know something about the actors?" Sherlock leaned over and asked, John looked at the stage and there a third man appears, he looks to Sherlock.

"Amuse me," Sherlock smirked before looking forward again.

"The girl, she's married to the man on her left, but she's having an affair with the other man, her husband doesn't know," John looks ahead and watched her glances to the man whom she's having an affair with, to anyone besides Sherlock it wouldn't have been noticed.

"What else?" John asked, this could actually be fun if they made a game of it.

"It's been going on for a while, in fact, she's pregnant, hard to say how far along, but her husband thinks it's his," Sherlock looks at John, "its not," John raised his eyebrows and huffed out a laugh.

"That's got to be rough," Sherlock smiled and looked forward again.

A minute later Sherlock put his hand on Johns knee and John looked down at it, tensing up slightly when it began sliding up.

"Sherlock," John forcefully whispered, Sherlock looked at his hand.

"Oh, sorry, I thought that was the armrest, speaking of which, this guys next to me thinks he can have the armrest, I think I'm going to tell him it's mine," Sherlock replied nonchalantly and John sat there, no words coming to his mind.