I Love You Too

JOHNS POV

I looked at Sherlock intensely, with love in my eyes. His curls were covering half his forehead, due to the position he was it. I reached my hand up and gently tugged on one, watching as it bounced back up to where it was before. We had just finished a case and were now laying together, enjoying the quiet fall afternoon.

"Sherlock?" I start, tired, but wanting to be with him longer.

"Yes, John?" his voice is deep and still velvety smooth, yet I can hear the sleep beneath it.

"I love you," I smile and he returns it, moving his hand from under the covers to cup my face.

"I love you too, John, more than you know," my smile grows and I give him a peck on the lips. We lay a while longer, looking into each others eyes and occasionally sharing a kiss. Out of nowhere the silence is interrupted by a very loud and unpleasant sneeze.

The deafening sound startling Sherlock so much that he curses and falls out of the bed onto the cold, wooden floor, I start to giggle uncontrollably, which made Sherlock angrier.

"It's not funny John," he bites and stands up, he's wearing nothing but boxers and my grin widens at the sight. I hold myself up with one arm and watch him, he rolls his eyes, "I'm going to go make a cuppa, would you like one?"

I start to speak, my smile never faltering, "Babe wait, I'm sorry, just come back to bed," I could hardly get the last part out before I started cracking up again, he turns around, clearly done with my actions, "Wait Sherlock, I said I'm sorry, it was just so funny, you should've seen your face," I lay back down and continue laughing, suddenly not caring that he was going to leave. It was just too good.

Sherlock rolls his eyes once more then walks out the door. Once my laughing died down Sherlock returned with two mugs and handed one to me, sitting down with one leg folded and the other hanging off the bed, still in his boxers.

"Thank you, love," I take a sip, relishing the taste and feel of how the hot liquid traveled down my throat, I remove my lips from the mug and look Sherlock up and down, his pale skin so smooth, and the lighting in the room casts shadows and illuminates his sharp features, "God, you're beautiful," Sherlock smiles and turns his head away, clearly embarrassed. He sets his tea on the bedside table and gets under the covers, I do the same and cuddle next to him.

"I'm sorry for laughing about earlier, I just couldn't help it," it took everything I had not to start laughing again, "it's not a big deal though, falling out of bed is a," I was about to smile, so I cleared my throat, "normal thing," He closed his eyes and gave a tired hum.

I gave him a peck on the lips and he jumped, surprised. Refrain from laughing. Refrain from laughing. He was just so easily scared. He opened his eyes as I pulled back, and then gave a small smile and turned around on his other side, apparently not satisfied with his previous position.

I lifted my head and gave him a kiss on the shoulder, it lowered little, sinking into the touch. I moved back and started running my fingers on his back, resulting in goosebumps, I messily traced the words I love you into his back, over and over again, until I tired myself out. I brought my hand to my face and closed my eyes sleep starting to overtake me, I felt Sherlock turn around.

"I love you too," he whispers to me just before I dozed off, making my dreams sweet.