S2 E2

Author's pov
It's been a week since Jackson had the terrifying conversation with Mark; which ended up pretty badly. The men didn't argue much, but at the end Mark rushed out of the hospital and didn't come back. Didn't come back to the hospital. Didn't come back home..

Jackson was broken, because he had Y/N in the hospital, Mark somewhere else and he was alone. Well, not alone but he felt like it when he walked into an empty house.

Jackson has been visiting Y/N everyday, and Y/N keeps asking where Mark is. Jackson is frustrated because he has no idea what to do.

Y/N's wounds have healed well, but the doctors are still keeping her in the hospital to figure out what happened to her memory.

Y/N  pov
I'm playing with the pictures Jackson brought to me. I asked him to find pictures of me, him and Mark so I would remember something.
I was getting frustrated as I glared at the photos and still remembered the same things: Jackson is my boyfriend, and Mark was just a part of his group.

"You ok?", Jackson whispered and looked at me closely.

"Can I be alone for a moment?", I raised my head and looked at him. "Could you bring me a coffee or something?", I placed my right hand against my forehead, pressing it slightly.

This whole thing gives me a headache.

"Of course", he smiled, stood up and went outside.
As soon as the door closed, tears started streaming down my face.

I looked at one picture of me, Jackson and Mark where Jackson sat on the floor pouting and I was kissing Mark's cheek.
Mark had a precious, wide smile on his face.

How could I forget someone that beautiful?

I slowly dropped my right hand from my forehead to my chest.
Why does my chest hurt so much when I think about Mark?

Jackson came back with the coffee.
I took it from his hands and started drinking it slowly.

"Jackson?"

"Mm?"
"I want to see Mark. I need to see him. Please", I asked my eyes closed and voice cracking a little.

I didn't want to cry in front of him, although it was so see through I had cried while he was getting the coffee for me.

Jackson nodded slowly.
"Ok honey. I'll ask him to come over".

"Thank you".

Jackson called Mark for several times that night but he didn't answer to his calls.
He spammed Mark with text messages but Mark ignored them too...

The next day: I woke up with a pungent headache.
I looked at the time: 10 am. I sighed and looked to the left side to see Mark sitting there, watching me with a small smile.
My mouth dropped open and my eyes widened.

"Mark! You're here!", I was excited to see his figure in front of me. He was so handsome.

"I'm sorry I haven't visited you before... I just didn't know how to act around you because of...well.. you know", Mark nervously ran his fingers through his blond fluffy hair.

"It's totally ok. We're on the same page. I also had no idea what to think about this whole situation..."

"Had?", Mark raised his eyebrow.

I locked my eyes with him.
"Yes. Had", I repeated. He walked a little closer.

I quickly sat up and patted the empty spot next to me. He sat down and seemed so nervous.

"Mmm.. what do you have in mind then?", he asked with a shaking voice, looking at his hands.

I placed my hand on top of his which made him look at me.

"I may not remember you or our time together.. All the memories are honestly gone...", I whispered.

"I totally understand if you don't want to see me ever again but I have to tell you something", Mark changed his position a little and locked his eyes with me again.

I was about to interrupt him, but I was curious about his next words.

"Y/N, you have no idea how much I love you. I don't want to scare you - but I really do", his voice started to crack and he cleared his throat.
"We experienced so much together and I just can't let go like that.. I just can't..", a few tears escaped from his eyes and he lifted his hand to wipe the tears to his sleeve.

"Y/N I'm so lost without you and I- God.. I am so sorry. This must sound so stupid to you since you don't remember me", he chuckled a little and then burst into tears.

"I sound like a creep", Mark ran his fingers through his hair and kept his gaze down.

"You didn't let me finish", I whispered.

"Huh?"

"I said that I may not remember our time together..", I slowly patted his back with my right hand. "...But I do know that when I look at you.. I don't know how to explain it but I know that I loved you. It makes me scared, yes. But I do have the feelings for you. And I want to figure out what we had", I smiled a little.

Mark blushed and a beautiful smile appeared to his face.

"Really?", he whispered.

I nodded.
"I may be a little distant at first... because it feels a little weird. But I want to try to remember you again. And if I don't...", I sighed.

"It's ok", Mark interrupted.

"No. No it isn't", I shook my head.

There was a small quiet moment.

"Mark I am ready to make new memories with you - if you just let me"

Mark started crying again and hugged me tight.
"Of course I am! Thank you for giving me a chance!"

During our hug, the door opened.

"Oh you're here", Jackson said.

Mark pulled away to look at Jackson.
"Yeah. I came like an half an hour ago while she was sleeping", he calmly answered.

Jackson rubbed the back of his neck.
"Can we talk for a moment?", he opened the door; signaling Mark to get out of the room.

Mark nodded and stood up.

Before he walked out; he turned to look at me and gave me a small smile.