Chapter 6: A Time to Fly

"I saw Jon Snow." Jojen said breathlessly.

"Where?" Asks Bran.

"Beyond the wall. Surrounded by enemies." Everyone stayed silent for a moment.

Osha rang out hot water from a rag and then placed it in your forehead. She tried to get you to talk but you refused. Your eyes just looked forward to the wall in front of you. Cold and dead. Just like you.

"You only have to make to to the wall." She said trying to calm you.

"Didn't you hear me?" Jojen asks "we're not going to the wall. We're going beyond it." Osha slammed the rag down and shot her head around to Jojen.

"You're trying to kill her!" She yelled angrily "that's it huh? You're trying to kill her. You tell her she needs to come to the wall, then she can leave, now you want to go past the wall. She will die!"

"She won't."

"LOOK AT HER!" Osha roars.

"I've seen her behind the wall. She is needed. That's why she will survive."

"What's all this for?" Osha asks "what's the point of this all? I was told to keep these children safe. Beyond the wall is not safe!"

"It's for him." Jojen said looking at Bran.

"Osha." Bran says softly.

"Yes little Lord." She asks never breaking eye contact with Jojen.

"Bring me to her, please." Bran asks. Osha raises a brow. "I want to warm her." Without argument Osha walks over and gently picks up Bran. She turns and sets him down next to your cold limp body. Bran wraps his arms around you and pulls you into him. Your head rests on his shoulder.

"You love her." Jojen states.

"I-" Bran struggles for a moment. "I don't want her to die."

"I've told you a thousand times." Jojen sighs "she will not die. I've seen her beyond the all in my visions." Jojens words did little to ease Brans worries. And, as Jojen looked at you he even began to wonder if maybe visions could be wrong. "She just needs some sleep. Her body is exhausted from not sleeping the last couple of days."

Your wings soared through the warm crisp desert air. You peered down to the cities that passed under you, all these places felt more like home than you had ever seen in your real body. If dying meant you stayed in this scaled reptilian body forever you had grown comfortable with the idea of being gone for a lifetime.

You spend the days your real body was recovering flying around in your new body. You found cities long abandoned. Forests forgotten about. Mountains unexplored. You had searched lands never thought of by man. Yet, you had never found another Dragon. You looked and looked forever, hoping to see one in the distance. But, the distance only gave you more earth. More loneliness.

This is how you often felt in the real world. Maybe this was a feeling you'd never escape. You had always looked out past Winterfell, wondering if there was another Targaryen out there. Someone just like you. Or, were they all gone like the Dragons? Would you always be so alone in this vast endless void?

"___." You heard a faint cry from the distance. You craned your neck around looking for a source. As your flew there was a pinch of coldness. You stopped yourself mid air. Cold creeped up your body. In a panic you turned yourself around. "___ wake up." The voice called. You cried to outrun it. But, the cold was faster than your wings. The further your flew. The colder you became.

"Wake up." You tried to run.

"Wake up!" You tried to fly.

"Wake up!" You tried to escape it.

Your head shot up as you gasp for air. It felt like your lungs had been deflated. In a cold sweat you look around to see nothing but whiteness. Nothing but snow. Then, your eyes met Brans. You were lied next to him as you were both carried by Hodor on a wooden wagon.

"Bran." You said breathlessly "why did you wake me?"

"You were mumbling. It was the first time you'd spoken in a week. You sounded scared."

"I wasn't scared." You cried while shaking your head "I was home."

"Home?" Bran asks "Winterfell?"

"No."

"Then, where?" He questions.

"I don't know." Your eyes scan around you, both Meera and Jojen followed behind Hodor, both looking at you. "Where is Rickon and Osha?" You asked. Everyone stayed silent.

"We left them behind." Jojen answers "and, we saw Jon."

"What?" You ask baffled. "When?"

"A couple days ago. Right after we crossed the wall we-"

"What?!" You gasp. You shot up and on to your feet. But, your body was weaker now. You instantly collapse into the snow under you. Everyone stops as Jojen reaches down to help you.

"You've been asleep for over a week now." Jojen explains. He lifts up your weak body and places you back next to Bran. The dark haired boy wraps his arm around your waist holding you in place next to him.

"We're beyond the wall?" You ask with your breath still in your throat. Jojen nods.

"You've been doing well now that you were sleeping that whole week. Your color is back in your skin."

"That's because I wasn't here. Not really." You explain.

"You weren't here?" Questions Meera suspiciously.

"No." You confirm "my mind was somewhere else. Somewhere I belong."

"Like a vision." Jojen states.

"More real than a vision." You correct "I think I was warging."

"You can warg wolves?" Bran asks confused. He had only ever heard of him, Jon, and Robb warging wolves.

"No." You shake your head "I was warging a dragon." Everyone's eyes widened at your response.

"All the dragons are dead." Meera responds.

"Maybe." You say softly. "Or maybe not."

"You were only dreaming." Meera disagrees. You look up at her angrily.

"I felt it." You growl "I felt it all. I felt the warmth. I felt the air. I felt my body. I could see every city, every mountain, every tree. I could feel myself belonging."

"You belong as a Dragon?" Jojen laughs.

Your eyes widened at the realization. From that moment forward you knew what you were supposed to be. Years of denial did little to stop your mind from finding its true self. The cold couldn't take that away from you. Not even a king could take that away. You were more than what was given to you. Not a bastard or an orphan. You were a dragon.