Chapter 20: Green, Bronze, and Blue

I never do authors notes at the beginning but I'm here to tell you I love you guys thanks for all the support and kind messages means so so much every time I open the app and I see a nice comment it really encourages me to write a lot faster bc usually I'm like actually the queen of procrastination but like you guys enjoy the story so it makes me enjoy it more too

Okay I'm done rambling

it's gonna be a steamy chapter so this is officially a mature story OKAY BYE

🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

Lilac eyes shoot open in the dead of night with panic set in the pupils as they dilate. Your first gasp for breath was deep and desperate but you silence your next one as to not awake the sleeping Bran who lay next to you. Your heartbeat pulsed through your veins as your hands trembled searching for a surface to fling too. Anxiety has latched into your throat and squeezed till you could breath no more.

The dream that had awoken you was one unlike any other nightmare you've had before. In this dream you watched yourself awake in the very bed you slept in now. You watched as you creep out of bed slowly and inch your way to the door to release its lock as subtly as possible. Once free from the silence you walked down the cold hallway unsure of where the dream was taking you.

All you did know is with every footstep you felt a warmth wrap around your body, and the further you went the warmer you were until you reached the outside of the castle walls. You had expected to be greeted with the sting of the cold winter night air, yet once outside you felt the most heat you've ever felt in your life. It all seemed so right. Little did you know this dream would throw you back to reality in a moments notice with fear shaking your consciousness.

Just ahead was a voice calling your name. It was not human. It had sounded like a Siren calling you with their unearthly songs of temptation. With as much warmth and curiously as you had the fear of the unknown was beginning to creep up your spine with every step in the rising snow.

It was leading you to outside of Winterfell. In this dream there were no guards to stop you. You just eased your way out as if it was like leaving your chambers. Exposed to the outside world with an army of dead approaching had crossed your mind yet you couldn't stop your body from moving. You tried to call out but the voices calling your name were yelling even louder. And, in this moment is when you saw it.

A dragon. Two of them. Laying curled up like lovers. Your mouth was agape and every snowflake that fell in it evaporated from your heat before it had reached your tongue. This is when you stopped calling out for yourself to stop. You knew you needed to feel these creatures. To touch their scales and flesh. Maybe that would make all of this real to you. If only you could touch them for a moment.

Your hand was outstretched as you grew closer one of the dragons lifted its head and turned to face you. It had green and bronze scales that looked like rusted metal. You never thought rust could look so beautiful. His bright yellow eyes lingered as he looked down at you. Your body was practically on fire as your arm was a mere foot away from the beast. Yet, you never got to rest your hands on its skin.

Before you knew what was happening all the warmth was taken from you in a moments notice. You froze. Your body was paralyzed and your skin began to harden as ice cracked when it froze the sweat all around your body. You blinked and the dragons were gone. Instead there was only menacing eyes glaring back at you. Blue eyes. Eyes like you had never seen before.

That is when your own eyes shot open. Without a second thought you sit up and swing your legs over the bed swiftly and quietly. You tip toe across the room and release the lock on the door just as you had in your dream. Only this time it did not grow warmer as you walked. There was no voice calling your name was you reached outside. Guards stood at their posts as usual.