Chapter 8: The End is Near

Cold wind blows your pale blonde hair into your eyes as you attempt to keep up with the group. Snow was blowing completely sideways making it impossible to see more than 10 feet ahead of yourself. Even Hodor was having trouble walking forwards in this extreme weather.

Jojen had said you were close to your destination. Wherever that was. You tried to distract yourself enough by thinking of sand and beaches, but every time you opened your eyes all you saw was snow. You felt lost. Alone. Though you had others around you no one could fully understand how you felt.

Bran gazed at you as you struggled to move. He had wished he could turn himself around to see what you saw. He had wished he could take some of your pain and feel it himself. Even now, sometimes you wished Jojen would have let you leave, even when Bran needed you the most.

"Up ahead!" Jojen yells as he points to a cave. "Hodor! Go into the cave!"

"Hodor!" Hodor yelled.

"___, are you okay?" Meera asked. You looked over to her to answer, but before you could you felt your foot slip on a sheet of ice. You fell down to your knees. The group stopped and Jojen turned to help you up. As you struggled to your feet you heard Meera yell once again. You turned your head around and your eyes were met with crystal blue diamonds.

"___! Run!" Jojen commands as he pulls you up completely. You stammer to your feet and push through the snow as you try to escape.

"Hodor! Go! The dead are coming!" You command as you run. Hodor picked up speed and ran ahead of the group.

"Jojen!" Meera screeches. You turn to see Jojen standing in the same place he had helped you up. The wight was closing in on him. And, as you looked behind it you saw other shadows approaching.

"Give me your knife!" You tell Meera. Without hesitation she throws you one of her blades. You run back to Jojen, but before you make it he stops you.

"Go! I'll hold them off!"

"No!" You tell still running.

"____! Go!!"

"____." Bran cries as Hodor disappears into the blizzard. You ignore their calls and run past Jojen. Your blade outstretched and ready to fight. Once the Wight was your grasp you stabbed as hard as you can. You plunged the blade into it heart multiple times before it fell. And, as soon as it did more were upon you. Jojen pushes them away as you stab their necks and chest. But, as they fell they rose once more.

"Fall back , ___!" Jojen commands. You do not listen. You continue to fight off the Wighs. You look up and to your horror their was another group approaching. Life flashed before your eyes. You prepared yourself to die here. In this snow. The thing you've always hated.

You look over to Jojen with a tear in your eye. Jojen looks back at you, knowing what will happen now. You hold out your hands and wrap it in his. Your eyes not leaving the others. That's when the knife was stabbed through his chest.

"Jojen!" You scream as he falls to the floor. Your face was met with that of a resurrected wight. With the breath you knew would be your last you leave forwards and stabbed the Wight in the same place it stabbed Jojen. Then you look to your side as see the approaching hoarded.

"I'm ready." You say with a heavy breath. "I'm ready." You tried to convince yourself.

That's when you heard the explosion. Snow and wights crumbled and flew apart in all directions. You turn to see a green humanoid creature throwing more explosives before you. Your attention is now brought back to Jojen. You fall to your knees as you cry.

"It's gonna be okay." You soothe him. "We'll get you help, it's all gonna be okay." Meera runs to his aid as you hold him. Her sobs filled the cold air around you.

"Go." He muffles out. "Leave me."

"No." You cry "I can't."

"You must. It's my time. I've done my duty."

"You'll live. You told me we'll live." You say through tears.

"Go." He chokes out. Just as the words left it lips a knife was plunged into his heart. The wight you stabbed was not stabbing Jojen, over, and over, and over. You pushed it off, but it was all in vain. Jojen was choking out blood. His eyes growing cloudy.

"No!" You scream as you hold him. Meera approaches and pulls you off.

"Go!" She cries "go before we all die." You look into Jojen cold eyes one last time as Meera pulls out a blade and cuts his throat. She then pushes you away towards the cave as you cry. The green creature throws her weapon towards Jojen and his body explodes like the Wights had. He was gone. You felt even more alone.

As you enter the cave Bran calls for you, but you do not listen. You walk ahead of Hodor, your arms outstretched and clinging onto the wall for support.

"We must go deeper." The green creature commands "to see the three eyed raven." In the room ahead of you you see a large tree intertwined with the cave walls. It's dark bark was moldy and old, and in its body rest an old man, just as moldy as it's roots.

"What is place?" You ask.

"The only safe place for you now." Answers the girl.

"What are you?"

"I'm Leaf. I'm What your people call a Child of the Forest." She answers.

"And, what's that?" You ask as your eyes trace the old dying man before you.

"He's what you came here for."