Chapter 29- Crystal Blue, Hazy White

The fire had burned through the corpses before you. The hairs on your arm stood up in fear as the flames had burned just feet before your eyes. Rheagal screeched at the flames left his mouth and destroyed those before you. You turned him to the side and commanded "Dracarys!" Once more towards the wights that were storming the walls. Being careful to avoid northern soldiers in the process.

Daenerys circled around and made sure to fall into your line of vision. You could see the hate in her eyes from here. Whether that hate was aimed towards you or the dead was a question you were sure would be answered later. She turned Drogon towards the inner castle and flew away. You charged Rhaegal to follow her, and held in tight as he began to sprint forwards and flap his wings. To your surprise take off was the hardest part about flying. As soon as you made it through the turbulence holding onto his scales was a lot easier than you had imagined.

You saw Daenerys burn through the castle walls and all those who were fighting below. The fires burned walls, dead, and man alike. No discrimination on her part. You closed your eyes not wanting to see familiar faces burn in their helmets.

That's when you hear a loud scream of pain from Drogon. You reopen your eyes to see wights attached themselves to his wings and legs. They had been scratching and stabbing at his flesh. Drogon had begun to fall with ever weakened flap of his wings until it was obvious he could fly no longer. You heard Daenerys scream as her dragon landed back on his feet in defeat.

Instinctively you turn Rheagal downwards to help her, but a flash of blue light erupted before you. You look up to see an undead Viserion breathing his flames to all those in the courtyard. In that crowd you saw a head of curly brown hair running to escape the fires. Your heart sank at the realization it had been Jon who was running. You look down to see a fighting Daenerys be abandoned by her very own dragon. You were unsure of what to do. A blonde soldier had been making us way towards her and was killing all the wights he could manage, but you knew the two of them were no match for the hoard. You look back at Jon to see him yelling at the corpse of Viserion as the dragon opened its mouth to finish him. You let out a defeated breath as you turn Rheagal to the side and yell out once again.

"Dracarys!" His fiery red flames exploded as they matched with the body of Viserion. The dragon let out a scream of pain as you continued to burn his frozen body. Jon's eyes widened with a thousand yard stare as he saw you atop of Rheagal. You land the dragon as he continued to burn his brother. Though, you noticed it was doing almost no real damage.

"Go!" Yelled a distressed Jon "Go!" You look over to him to see he had been yelling at you. You give him a confused look as he continued to yell at you to leave. You couldn't leave though. He would surely die without you. You shake your head at him only to realize he had been pointing behind himself. You follow his finger only to be met with the stare of blue eyes. Blue eyes like you had never seen before. They were glowing in the night sky like lanterns in the distance. Jon continued to scream "go!" As he pointed towards the man.

"Dracarys!" You yell as you pull Rheagal attention away from the dragon. He craned his neck around and pointed his fire towards the glowing blue eyes. "Dracarys!" You yelled again as his flames grew bigger. You held that stance for as long as Rheagal could breath, and only stopped when his air ran out. The fires shined brightly illuminating all that was around them, and once the dust had settled you noticed the forest reflect off the same glowing blue eyes.

"Go!" Screamed Jon once again. You looked at him as your body filled with panic. He offered you no other words besides the same one he had been screaming. You shook your head in confusion as you saw Viserion recover from the attack and stand one more ready to fight.

"Rheagal." You call out, unsure if he could hear you "Rheagal you have to do this on your own." You hastily dismount him as land in your feet in the thick snow. You see the Night King turn and begin walking toward the godswood.