Chapter 28- Dracarys

Not much sleep could be stolen as you and Bran lie next to each other. Just as little words could have been spoken but you choose to say none. Your heart was beating quickly as your skin dampened from your sweat. Your anxieties were eating away at your head and not even the comforts from Bran could soothe them. As the evening wore on your eyes grew dry and begun to burn. You weren't sure if you were just sleep deprived, or if you had cried all the moisture away.

You look out the open window to the now burnt orange sky. The same sky Bran said made him think of you. Now the sky had only symbolized the time you had left here. And, with every new color it shined was another moment less you had to feel safe. Bran noticed your worried eyes and wrapped his hand around your own, bringing you back down to reality.

"It is time." He said the words that had been echoing in your head. The ones you didn't want to say yourself. His saddened expression said everything you couldn't.

You suck in a deep breath before lifting yourself from the bed. Without speaking you dress yourself then do the same for Bran. You then lift him up as he wraps his arms around your neck and place him in his chair. Your lips plant a soft kiss onto his own before you stand once more to push him out the door.

"I wish you would have left." He spoke breaking the silence. "It would have made me feel better knowing you were safe."

"It would have done nothing for me." You tell him "there's nothing this world has to offer that could replace any of this for me." You feel once last final tear fall from your cheek "Nothing could replace you, Sansa, Arya, or Jon, you're the only family I've ever had. This is the only home I've ever had."

"You've always hated it." Bran reminded you coldly. You nod in acknowledgment.

"I have." You say softly "buts it's the only one I've ever had."

"You're right." Bran agrees "It has always been your home. Even if you never realized."

"I guess it was a little late for me to realize, huh?" You let out a weak laugh. Bran does not give you a response. Your legs stay stationary as your hands rest on the back of his chair. The tips of your fingers were shaking like branches in the wind. The thought of pushing Bran with your anxiety filled body seemed nearly impossible. How the soldiers would be able to hold their swords to fight was beyond you.

"I've looked to try and see the future." Bran admits suddenly. A breath caught itself in your throat.

"What did you see?" You ask him. His stiff hesitation was answer enough for you. Yet, he still gave you the words you didn't wish to hear.

"Nothing."

No one ever tells you how to say a proper goodbye like this one. Sure, as children you are read stories of fathers going to war and saying their possible last goodbyes to their wives and children. That was common place. But, no one truly could know how to say goodbye to their loved ones knowing that the very world as you know it could be ending.

It was strange. It felt off. Jon's eyes were dark and empty. His hug was hollow and his words were cold. He had whispered in your ear his goodbye, but, in that moment the words were almost meaningless to you. It didn't feel real, but at the same time it was all too real. Like a nightmare where you know you are only dreaming, yet you just weren't waking up.

Daenerys didn't spare you a second glance. Though, her coldness was not what you had to worry about now. That was another battle for another day, if that day were to ever come. It had reminded you that even if the best were to happen, you'd head would still be on a plate.