one

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗
___

may 31, 1971
7:54 pm

Bambi Sage Petal

The green trees and newly bloomed flowers bushes sway due to the light wind. The swing bench at the end of the garden, by the cliff, was rocking freely with the breeze as the sun was starting to set. The small pond was rippling and even a cute bunny was hopping across the fresh grass and into one of the flower beds. Bambi places her hand on the glass window and pouts that she can't be enjoying the beautiful weather right now.

Her favorite part of the house will always be her bay window, well besides the backyard of course. It really wasn't much to others but it had a stunning view and was where she let her imagination run free. Currently, she sat in the comforts of the window and looked out into her backyard. One and a half acres of beautiful greenery were hers and has been ever since she was a little flower child.

It was tempting for her to just burst out of these four walls and go run through the pretty gardens like she usually does, but she sadly has to resist. Today, she's not allowed to go out and take delight in the warm weather and fresh air because her dad, Thomas, was out displaying the gardens to a man. The young man, who is the son of Thomas' old friend, is visiting from London and is going to be helping around the garden throughout the whole summer, or possibly even longer.

Bambi's opinion on the man helping out in the garden is quite neutral, it's not like he's living there. As long as he takes care of her flower buds and such she doesn't mind. The two haven't met yet but from what her mom tells her, he's very handsome and well mannered.

Bambi lets out a short sigh as she watches the sunset, not nearly as satisfied as she usually is. Once, the sun disappears beyond the horizon, she hears the familiar creak of the french doors from downstairs and the echo of two voices. She makes out one of them to be her dad's voice and the other was a raspy british accent, which she assumed to be the man who was visiting. Bambi stands up from the bay window, her soft yellow sundress falling down to mid thigh as she leaves her room. With each step towards the staircase, the voices gradually get louder- Bambi making her way down the steps carefully and started to head to the kitchen where the two voices were coming from.

Once she enters, she sees her mom watching the brand new season of "The Brady Bunch" on the television while her dad is talking to the man who's backside is facing her. They're clearly in deep conversation, the man leaning onto the counter with his elbows, fully captivated in her dad's story.

Bambi's father stops his story-telling once he notices his daughter's presence in the room. He waves his hand at her causing the man to look over his left shoulder and see me. Bambi was immediately astonished by the the man's appearance, her mom certainly being right when she described the man as handsome. He has the cutest brown curls placed on top of his head and bright, garden green eyes. One of his arms is covered with tons on beautiful tattoos, while the other only had a few. The man was also wearing a white shirt that was tucked in to his grey trousers and hanging loosely around his neck, was a navy blue, white polka dot bandana that was tied into a little bow. (a/n- he actually wore this outfit in real life, search up harry in modena, italy if u want to picture it better !).

Once his gaze landed on Bambi, his pretty eyes widen a little and his lips curl up into a sweet smile. "Oh Harry, this is my daughter, Bambi. Bambi this is Harry who will be helping out in the garden!" Thomas introduces them to each other and Bambi smiles at Harry.

"Hello, Bambi" He greets and the blossom blushes very slightly, "hiya Harry."

Bambi has never been good with talking to people, especially ones she doesn't know well. The butterfly glances down at her feet that's covered with sheer socks as she scrunches her toes a little bit, doing anything to get out of an awkward conversation she knows that won't end in her favor.

After a few seconds of my drowned out silence, Bambi hears them start the conversation again so she takes this opportunity to turn around and sprint upstairs.

><

hi everyone !

obviously, this chapter is extremely short because it's always so difficult for me to write the first chapter to a story which i find very aggravating.

also if you didn't notice, i changed the year to the 1970's. i realized that the 2000's didn't fit the theme of story as well as the 70's so i'm sorry if you were excited for that.

please continue to read even if you didn't enjoy this chapter that much, i promise it will get much better once you get into the plot.

have a good day/night!

mwah x