fourteen

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗
___

june 21, 1971
1:19 pm

The pretty fairy was out in the backyard, soaking up the smoldering rays of the aglow sun and watering the garden beds with her usual yellow watering can. She was humming the sweet melody of "Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles while sucking on a hard, caramel-like butterscotch, one she stole from a visit to her grandmother's cottage earlier this summer.

Seeing as it was Harry's day off, Bambi took it upon herself to say hello to her beauteous florets and berries, since she hasn't done it in ages. The garden was in its best state yet, but the pretty doe refuses to give credit to the "evil" rain showers that blessed the planet two days ago.

The bunny bends over, singing the sweet, "do do do do do" whilst picking a flush strawberry from one of the plants. She eyes the red fruit closely, her mind remembering the night her and Harry played twenty questions.

"What's ya favorite fruit, Harry?" Bambi questions, begging to be drowned with information about the man she is crazy about.

"Strawberries." He responds, no doubt within his answer.

"Really?" The doe says, somewhat shocked.

"Uhm. I absolute love them" Harry murmurs and she nods her head, her hair full of bouncy curls for once. "Especially dipped in sugar. He adds, smoothing out her sides as Bambi smiles

The flower inspects the berry a little longer before reaching into her mouth, grabbing the almost non-existent butterscotch out and tossing it into a nearby bin. Bambi plants the juicy strawberry in between her lips, taking a scrumptious bite, a few water droplets spilling down her chin as she tosses the green leaf-top into the trash as well.

Just as she was about to bend down to pick another, she hears the soft call from her mother, "Bambi! Someone is here to see ya, sweet pea." The puppy sharply turns and rushes towards the white french doors, thinking maybe Harry was here to surprise her.

Bambi ambles to the front door, not seeing Harry, but her best friend, Carolina.

"Hiya, Care!" The butterfly greets her friend, hiding back the small disappoint of it not being the gorgeous man.

The smile that was plastered on Bambi's face alters once she sees the distress one decorating her friend's face.

"Oh, what's wrong?" Bambi questions, concerned for carolina's state.

"I-i'm so sorry, Bamb's" Carolina apologizes and the cherry's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"For what?" Bambi laughs, but stops the second after what Carolina says next.

"i saw harry at the skating rink and he was with another girl"