thirteen

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗
___

june 20, 1971
9:50 am

"How's the United States been treating ya so far, Harry? Almost been a month since ya been here." Thomas asks, pouring himself another glass of orange juice.

"Really good! The weather here is way better than in England." Harry answers, looking outside the window, "well maybe not today." The table laughs.

"Yeah, it's the first rain showers of the summer so far! We absolutely need the water with this heat but my little sunshine right 'ere hates it." Bambi's dad speaks and the petal nods, confirming his statement.

"I can agree with ya on that one, Bambi." Harry says looking towards her with his smile, causing her cheeks to flame up.

"So Harry, what's your plans when you get back to England after summer?" Angela mentions, causing Bambi's head to snap frantically to Harry.

The puppy clean forgot harry is only here for the summer.

Harry makes eye contact with Bambi and he can see the obvious frown on her face, the ends of his lips turning down as Bambi can almost feel her eyes sting from tears.

"I honestly don't know yet if i'm being honest. All I know is that it's going to be hard to leave, I've grown an attachment here" Harry clears his throat, noticing Bambi peering down at her lap.

"Oh I bet. I swear everyone here likes ya! I even think my Bambi likes you around too." Thomas, Bambi's dad, states and pats his daughter on her back, noticing her state.

"Oh sweetheart, what's wrong?" He questions, his voice full of concern and harry deflates.

"Nothin', dad. I think i'm just gonna head up, my stomach doesn't feel that well" The pretty girl lies and gets up from the breakfast table, avoiding everyone's stares.

"Oh okay, princess. Feel better" Thomas dismisses her, letting the puppy leap up the steep stairs and rush into her room.

Bambi closes her room entry behind her and runs to her bed, throwing the heavy comforter over her head and letting out a few dramatic cries.

The butterfly lays there as still as a statue, sniffling and breathing in the balmy air that was supplied underneath the safeness of her blanket.

><

Bambi was sat at the bay window, something she felt like she hasn't done in awhile. The showers continue to fall from the dark sky as the butterfly looks at the innocent water droplets with pure hatred, repeating to herself, "this is all your fault stupid, stupid rain"

She hears a gentle knock on her wooden door, causing Bambi to tear her intense gaze away from the window. She mutters a soft, "come in" and turns back to the window.

"Bambi?" The poppet hears his voice, her heartbeat starting to race just at the sound of him.

"Yes?" she responds, her voice cracking from the lack of fluids in her system.

"Baby." Harry coos as he rushes over to the little angel, taking a seat next to her on the bay.

"What's wrong?" Harry asks and grabs her chin, making her turn to him. "Y'know.." Bambi mumbles and Harry frowns more.

"I'm so sorry." He apologizes, her eyes starting to burn again.

"I don't want ya to leave, Harry." Bambi whines, leaning into his shoulder and wrapping her arms around his torso.

"It's only June, baby. We still have two months and I promise I'll come visit often." Harry comforts into her ear, caressing her porcelain skin.

"Still.." She whines, Harry rubbing her back up and down.

"Everything will be alright, petal. I promise." He whispers into her ear as she continues to soak his white t-shirt.

___

this chapter was SO bad, uh let's not even talk about that : (

i've been so busy the last couple of days, it's so hard to write a solid chapter.

but anyways, i love you guys and thank you for reading this, it means more than you know <3