fifteen

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

___

june 21, 1971
1:23 pm

— "W-what" The peach stutters, her face fallen as her hands fiddle with the yellow sun charm on her necklace.

Bambi was practically frozen, her throat growing dry and her pure heart breaking a little.

"I'm so sorry, sunshine. He was out with a girl his age and was kissing her cheek, snuggling her, and taking her out skating together." Her friend sighs and Bambi shakes her head no, her eyes beginning to water.

"I-I can't and won't believe this. Harry wouldn't do that to me. Harry wouldn't hurt me like that." Bambi's words stumble over each other and the frail walls that are holding back tears become too weak, causing a tear to slip out of her polished eyes. Carolina opens her arms, embracing Bambi in a tight hug while the little doe let's out a few lonely tears into her friend's frilly top.

"He doesn't deserve you, sun." Care comforts into the shell of her ear while bambi sniffles.

"I like him a lot, Care." The sun bud choked out, leaning out of the warm embrace and cleaning away the tears. "I know you do." Her friend nods and catches a single tear with her thumb, wiping it off her pretty face.

"I don't like to see you crying, you're our little sunshine." Carolina says and Bambi fakes a lipped smile, causing Care to grow a little grin of her own.

"Thank you for coming by, but I would like to be alone now." The daisy speaks out and her friend nods, fully understanding.

"Okay, I love you, B. Don't let this boy make you feel this way." Carolina states and Bambi nods her head.

"I love you too, Care." Bambi responds before shutting the front door close, slowly sliding down the white door as she holds her face in her soft hands.

-

june 21, 1971
7:45 pm

The butterfly was out on the swinging bench, at the end of the garden by the cliff. The wooden seat rocked lightly with the slight breeze as she grips on to edge of the bench. The air was warm as the bright star sets, the beautiful shades of orange and pink reflecting into her glossy, blue irises.

The delightful song, "Baby It's You" plays on a nearby record player as the fairy looked out, trying to clear her hopeful head about the pretty man with brown curly locks and enchanting, forest green eyes.

It was the second day in a row the ball of sunshine has cried, breaking a new record for Bambi. And it was all because him.

The peach hasn't know Harry for too long, but she was completely infatuated with him. Her naive, daydreaming head constantly brimming with everything about him.

"Bambi?" She hears from behind her, her ears perking at the sound of the raspy voice they've drunk countless of times.

The doe stays silent, standing her ground as she hears the soft sound of footsteps on grass.

"Oh, B what's got you all blue?" Harry speaks out, confusion filling his deep tone as he stares at his little floret.

"Leave me alone." Bambi snaps quietly, causing Harry's brows to furrow and his eyes to widen. "Bambi-" he starts but she cuts him off, "O said leave me alone, did I not?" The girl hisses, a frown decorating Harry's raspberry lips as he takes the seat next to her- ignoring the sentence his berry said. The poppet rolls her eyes and scoots all the way to end of the bench, trying to keep as much distance from him.

"What's wrong, peach?" Harry questions her, worried for his Bambi. She stays silent and Harry scoots closer to her, causing the girl to go stiff. "Did I do somethi-" He begins but gets cut off for the second time.

"Yes, Harry! you—you ugh!" She belts and gets up from the swing, Harry jumping back a little at her sudden outburst.

"I don't understand what I did?" Harry states and Bambi lightly scoffs, pacing back and forth as he watches her.

"Oh you don't? Ya think I'm just your naive girl? You think I wouldn't figure out you took that girl to the rink today?" She rants and Harry shakes his head fast, standing up along her.

"No, of course not, baby-" he starts, "you don't have the right to call me that anymore." Bambi shakes her head, turning around and taking a few steps before Harry grabs her fragile wrist.

"Bambi, it's not what it seems!" Harry coos for her to listen and she laughs.

"I was so naive to think you would like a girl like myself. I'm so dumb." She remarks and Harry shakes his head for what seemed like the twentieth time. Bambi pulls her hand out of his grip and turns, wandering towards the french doors of her house.

"Bunny, please.. just please listen" Harry begs and Bambi stops her walking.

"Goodnight, Harry." She coos before strolling away, the stroll turning into a fast run as she tries to hide her tears from him.

Harry watches as the butterfly flees into her house, getting away from him. He flops himself down onto the bench, his ears picking up the closing lyrics from the song he singed to her only days ago.

"Baby it's you, sha-la-la-la-la-la

Don't leave me all alone, sha-la-la-la-la-la-la

Come on home sha-la-la-la-la-la-la"

<>

hiya !

hope you liked the chapter, it was rushed i'm sorryyy

thank you for reading <3