twenty three

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗
___

august 2, 1971
10:30 am

— "You're home, bunny" Harry states as he pulls up in front of Mr. and Mrs. Petal's house, Bambi clinging onto the passenger seat of his car. "I don't want ya' to leave." The puppy pouts and shakes her head, the sunglasses from before still perched on her nose. "You know I don't want to either baby but I have no choice." Harry frowns as he tries to reach out to her face, Bambi leaning away from his hand. "Nuh uh" She hums as her eyes water, the eyes that are usually filled with happiness and rainbows are now icy, as if swimming in a pool of aguish. Harry sighs as he unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car, Bambi glancing over to him baffled. He strolls over to her side, popping the door open as he gestures his head over to the gate on the side of the puppy's house. Bambi hesitates before giving in on her relentless strike, getting out of the car as her sundress (one she keeps at Harry's house in case of emergencies) falls down to mid-thigh.

"I might've forgot something in the garden." Harry mumbles as he connects their hands, knowing damn well he didn't forget anything special. Bambi nods, oblivious to Harry's stalling as they both saunter to the side of the house. The butterfly places the sunglasses on top of her head once again as Harry pushes the gate open, being greeted by the Petal's garden. The usual sun beams shine down upon the backyard as the birds sing in the trees above them. The strawberry beds hidden behind the flower bushes, where they first had their real conversation, was filled with the red berries- a bunny seen hopping across the front.

-

"Morning Bambi, how are you sweet thing?" He asks her as the naive girl halts her little skip, stopping in front of him.

"Hiya Harry. I'm pretty good, how 'bout you?" she questions, rocking from toe to heel. harry watches the silly girl with amusement, shocked at her sudden lost of shyness.

"M' perfect, darling" he says, with a small smile. Bambi flushes and plays with the handle of her wood basket before harry said, "What ya have there." pointing to her basket.

"Mm my breakfast, I usually have a picnic by the pond" she hums and gestures over to the small source of water. "Wanna join?" the sweet creature adds on.

"I'd love to" he accepts her offer and the little doe smiles widely.

-

Then the pond, where they shared their first picnic and kiss, sparkled under the sun, the water looking as if it was pure glitter while hummingbirds buzzed around the source.

-

"I want ya to gimme something, puppy." He speaks lowly and brushes all her wet strands away from her face.

"Anything, Harry." She replies and stops running her fingers through his hair.

"Gimme a kiss." He says and her eyes widen. Bambi froze for a quick second, unsure of what to do.

-

This enchanting garden grew to be one of Harry's favorite spots, filled with so many beautiful memories the two dreamers shared.

"What ya' forget, H?" Bambi questions as their covered feet pad against the wet grass. "Think I left my bandana.." He says and the berry mutters an "oh okay". They near the short cliff at the end of the backyard and lying on the bench swing was the navy blue bandana Harry wore loosely around his neck the first day they met. Bambi's heart aches as she stares at the cloth while Harry takes it into his hold. "Is tha' it?" Bambi asks with a sniffle, her lover turning back towards her while she messes with her fingers. Harry tucks the bandana in the waistband of his trousers and he slowly nods his curly head. The butterfly goes up to him and wraps her arms around his neck. Harry senses were filled with her infatuating vanilla and peach smell as she hugs him, feeling her tears against his neck as she cries. He ravels her arms across her lower back, pulling his bunny closer to him as his eyes begin to sting. "It'll go by so fast, baby." He mumbles into her hair and Bambi cries out a quiet sob, shaking her head against him. "I'll write you every week, puppy. I promise.." Harry continues to comfort Bambi as a tear slips from his eye.

The doe pulls back while nodding her head, her angelic face splotchy from the tears as she chokes out an "okay". Harry's thumb catches a tear that rolls down her soft cheek and wipes it off, Bambi lightly smiling before looking down at her feet. "Baby.." Harry mumbles as he tilts her chin back up, admiring her angelic beauty.

She's so beautiful. A sweet, ethereal angel from heaven itself. So pure.

Harry caresses her cheek before connecting their lips together for the final time, his lips locking on her bottom lip with a gentle suck. Bambi's hands go up to his hair, her fingers getting tangle into his curls as the familiar feeling of sparks course throughout their veins. Harry melts into the soft kiss, a tiny explosion of pink as his continues to kiss the butterfly. He hums when their tongues make contact, Bambi's luscious taste being addicting to him as he circles his tongue around hers.

The doe suddenly tastes something salty, her hands leaving Harry's hair and down to his cheeks to feel tears streaming down his face. Harry disconnections their lips and sniffles, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand as he smiles down at his sweet Bambina.

"I love you so much, Bambi." Harry coos and the girl smiles. "I love you more" The darling hums as Harry leans down and places a kiss on the top of her head.

Harry sadly smiles before walking away, waving one last time at his sweet angel before turning his back. Bambi waves back, watching him disappear beyond the gate before she plops down on the cliff swing, her vision become blurry as she lets out a few cries.

She sat there for who knows how long as she watches the birds around her fly across the cotton candy sky, thinking about how much she already missed her lover.

The tears finally stopped when the sun met the horizon, ready to give it a kiss goodnight as she grips the edge of the bench swing. The small wind makes her shiver, goosebumps rising on her skin. A sigh tumbles out of her lips when she picks a dandelion from the grass, blowing the cotton-like petals off the stem as she makes her second birthday wish.

Please don't take my sunshine away.

THE END

____

hi you guys!!

okay so thats the end of part 1! dont worry, an epilogue and sequel/pt.2 is coming!

i might just continue part 2 in this book or start a whole separate book for the sequel.

hope you enjoyed bambi so far, im sorry it ended sad but this isnt the end of harry and bambi!

please let me know what you think!

i love you guys and thank you so much for reading.

— chanel xx